I read all of the reviews and called the Radisson with any other questions that weren't answered here. I would say the use of the word "resort" is a bit loose. The Radisson is definitely not what I would call a resort. And for what they charge they should include a mini fridge and microwave in the suites. They will, however, provide you with either for $10 per night per item. I just think that's cheesy. But I knew before I booked the trip that this was the case. I have 2 little ones so a fridge full of fruit, juice, milk..it's a must. We just happen to have a cooler that can be plugged in and used just like a fridge. Perfect! The pools are great for kids and not so great if you're a single adult or couple with no kids. They are only 4ft deep at their deepest so it's perfect for kids. The kiddie pool didn't look yellow to me but the bottom surface is sandy colored which probably led to the previous reviewer saying it was yellow. We stayed in a Jr. Suite but really only for sleeping. We spent the majority of the two days in Sea World. Loved the free shuttle service. We went to Sea World on a Thurs. & Fri. and those were the perfect days to go. As we were leaving Saturday am, the shuttle service line was packed and I'm sure folks were getting hot & irritated by the wait. With the package we booked through the Sea World website, we received free breakfasts every morning. We also ate there for dinner and had the ribeye specials. The pecan pie is delicious. In fact, we were happy with everything we were served. Oh, they do charge $3 for the S'mores kit which you can avoid by simply bringing your own and a stick to roast the marshmellows with. The Radisson is very kid oriented...which is the main thing I care about when I'm traveling with my kids. They have a wonderful staff that does free face painting, necklace beading & various other crafts. They also do manicures & hair-do's for little girls that they charge a small sum for. In fact, all of the interactions I had with different staff members were pleasant, friendly & helpful.
My advice....read all the reviews, have realistic expectations and enjoy! It's not as bad as the horrible reviews it's received but it's not the Ritz either. (nor is it a resort) This is a great place to stay if you're taking the kids to Sea World.....period! I would not stay here if it were my honeymoon or if my husband & I were going on a trip without the kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take in the views of beautiful courtyards, indigenous plants and landscaping at the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel. Relax at our hotel near SeaWorld, and enjoy the massive flagstone fireplace and cozy chairs. Conveniently located in one of San Antonio's premier communities, our Hill Country hotel is close to San Antonio attractions including Fiesta Texas, dining, and golf.Settle into a comfy room or suite with warm, Texas ranch-style decor. Find down-filled comforters, marble bathrooms, 32-inch LCD HDTVs and WiFi access. Spread out and get more room during your stay with our 50 spacious one bedroom suites featuring rainforest showers and garden tubs with spa jets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel And Spa
- Hilton Hotel San Antonio
- Radisson San Antonio
- Radisson Hill Country Resort
- San Antonio Radisson