Hilton San Antonio Hill Country
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,710 results
All reviewssea worldmake smoreshill countryoutdoor moviethe executive loungekiddie poolking suiteshuttle servicefree shuttlefamily vacationpitsseaworldtomsproximitytexasriverwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed this past weekend while in town for a friend's graduation at Lackland AFB. The property was fairly close to the AFB. The property has a beautiful outdoor pool area with fire pits. The room and lobby area were very clean. Will for sure stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rachael W
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Love the view in the court yard. Close to area attractions. UTSA, Sea World Six Flags, Downtown San Antonio River Walk. La Canterra Mall. Will stay here again, at least twice per year. Special attraction this year nesting birds with babys.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Art I
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed this past weekend at the Hilton to attend Air Force Basic Training Graduation at Lackland AFB. The hotel was very nice and in a great location. It was a very quiet hotel but a short 20 minute drive to the Riverwalk and a 15 minute easy drive to Lackland. The bed was very comfortable. The pool is nice and there are several areas to sit outside around fire pits. We are hilton honors members and complimentary salsa and 1/2 price appetizers were offered in the lobby restaurant. From check in to check out our stay was wonderful. The hotel is near SeaWorld and a complimentary shuttle is also offered. We will stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind comments!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I cannot believe this is a Hilton property. Although the property is nice, the staff is friendly and accommodating, the lobby and the grounds are beautiful,the artwork, tile work, furniture and lighting fixtures in room ARE what I expect from a stay at a Hilton, the NASTY, FILTHY, DIRTY, STAINED CARPET in the room took away from all of the beauty of staying AND PAYING to stay at a Hilton. The hallway carpets, also, aside from being unvacuumed, are also stained, old looking, and dirty as well. I went to each floor to see how they compared to each other, and they are all the same. They need vacuumed, they need cleaned and sanitized. Better yet, they NEED REPLACED! The shame of it all is that I know these carpets are not too old, as they have a nice modern style, along with the new and modern style of the hotel, but, I will wear my slippers throughout the stay here.
I have left a message for the manager, Alex.P., and I am looking forward to his response tomorrow. I want to show him the Kool-Aid stains on the carpet in room 305. I want to show him the black grease stains on the carpet. I want to show him the spills that have been dropped on this carpet and have NEVER EVER BEEN CLEANED. I would not expect this level of uncleanliness in ANY hotel, ever. I am apalled at this, and I am disgusted. Do they have steam cleaners here? Do they know how to use them?
Since we arrived late, we are too tired to change rooms. The front desk person let me look at another room for comparison, and she did give me breakfast coupons for the next 2 days, along with transferring me to the hotel manager's (Alex P.) voice mail. Although the other room was furnished the same as ours, and the carpet not quite as dirty (but WAS UNCLEAN AND STAINED) the view was not as nice, we are tired, and so we have not moved rooms.
A nice feature of this hotel: a movie was being played outdoors in the landscaped courtyard. This is a nice plus for families with children. There were lit fire pits, lush landscaping and lighting out there. We have not had a chance to visit any of the 3 pools, so we are looking forward to this tomorrow. Hopefully the rest of the property is not as unkempt and unclean as the hallways and our room carpet.
We are also looking forward to meeting the manager, so, hopefully, he will inspect our room and see EXACTLY WHAT I AM SPEAKING OF HERE, and to show him I AM NOT EXAGGERATING. I do have pictures, which are on my phone. I may or may not take this issue up with the Hilton Corporation...I do want to discuss all with this hotel's manager.
The purpose of this visit to San Antonio was to spend a weekend with our daughter, who we will not be able to see for the next 7 to 9 months, as she is being deployed with U.S. Navy. I know she will enjoy the visit, as our whole weekend won't be 'bad' due to the carpet in a hotel, but, it would be nice if all were a little closer to 'perfect' in this Hilton property.

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful except for the carpet. Wear slippers, wear socks. Take the socks off before you put your feet in to your bed. This is unacceptable for any hotel, but even more so for a Hilton hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AwayIGO

First of all, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at our property. I'm very glad you mentioned that you found the lobby and grounds to be beautiful and that the staff was friendly and accommodating. I'm sorry that you had a negative experience with the cleanliness of your carpet in your room. I assure you that I have brought this to the attention of our housekeeping staff in an effort to make sure that this problem is resolved moving forward. We do appreciate your feedback, as we take all of our reviews into consideration as we try to make our community the best place that it can be. We hope that the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance and stay with us again!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Elegant, yet casual, relaxed and comfortable--the Hill Country Hilton gets a perfect 10 from this experienced road warrior. Great staff that is courteous, friendly and respectful--perfect mix of attitude that obviously starts with the general manager and goes down to the gift shop attendant. And to top it off, the food is great at fair prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience.