“Relaxed and elegant--Hill Country Hilton is the best!!”

Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa
Ranked #84 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Houston, United States
“Relaxed and elegant--Hill Country Hilton is the best!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Elegant, yet casual, relaxed and comfortable--the Hill Country Hilton gets a perfect 10 from this experienced road warrior. Great staff that is courteous, friendly and respectful--perfect mix of attitude that obviously starts with the general manager and goes down to the gift shop attendant. And to top it off, the food is great at fair prices.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much. I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Wilkinson, Indiana
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in relation to a business meeting occurring at the hotel. When I arrived early I was given a room immediately (good), and after stowing my belongings went back down and asked where the business center was. Turns out there is not business center (bad), just 2 computers hooked up to a printer for printing boarding passes. Fax and copying services are "available", i.e. they are behind the front desk in another room and not available to clientele directly, but staff will take your material and process it. Since I couldn't hook up my computer directly to a printer, my staff finally just faxed a sensitive document to their fax machine while I stood and waited for it, then I signed it and waited again while they faxed it back to my company. Not an ideal situation, but it worked and the hotel staff was very cooperative.
Other than that my room was clean and comfortable. The toilet refilled every 5 minutes, however, and the air conditioner kicked on twice that often. I'm not a light sleeper so it was not problem, but might have been for someone else. The hallway carpeting on the 5th floor also needed cleaning. The meeting room we used had a lot of background noise from the HVAC and/or the microphone, so we needed to speak loudly. If this hotel would like to attract more business meetings, maybe they should make the place more business friendly. If they only care about Sea World traffic, they're probably doing OK. Oh, and one of my colleagues also had a room with a direct view of the buzzards. She thought it was interesting instead of icky, so to each his/her own :-).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to post a review about your recent stay with us! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We do many things for our business traveler and we certainly could look at more amenities and services. We are in the process of developing an executive lounge that will allow just this; a private area where business travelers can work and relax. This is something that no other hotel in the area has to offer and I am sure our business travelers will take advantage of this. We do have the ability to print documents privately, just ask the front desk for details on your next visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is beautiful everything was great except for these 2 huge black birds lingering outside of my window.. Worst view ever. I would recommend the stay to anyone its a beautiful hotel beautiful pools fireplace. I would defiantly go back but request a room maybe on the third floor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Lafayette, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The hotel was an excellent location for our trip to Sea World. Great atmosphere, outside grounds were beautiful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel 100% to anyone traveling to San Antonio. It is close to shopping, dinning, and other attractions as well as SeaWorld.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments!
Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There is obviously a reason this hotel is ranked among the average in San Antonio, but a Hilton!

It is very convenient to Sea World, but so is the Hyatt. Stay there. I had a suite adjoined by another room. I had given 30,000 Hilton Honors points to upgrade the room. The air conditioning was not working great when I got there, but really got worse Saturday night. I opened the patio doors to let cooler air in and tat was 77 degrees.

Sunday morning I asked that someone service the AC while we were gone for the day. When we got back it was obvious that nothing had been done, and I called and was promised that someone would be "right up" Guess. No show. The next morning at check out I left a feedback form explaining. Today I received an email from the manager apologizing and offering to give me 5000 points. I choked. I had used 30,000 to upgrade to a "deluxe" room without working AC and when the daytime weather was over 100 degrees.

I told him that if he did not see the wrong in that, he could keep his 5000, and since I've not heard back, I guess he did. There are other hotels in the area and the Grand Hyatt is very nice.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the issue you had with the AC in your room. Our records show that you brought this to our attention after check out. It was unfortunate that this was not fixed prior to your departure and made for a less than comfortable experience. Upgrades to Suites are less than what you had indicated you paid and we did review this to confirm. We will investigate to see if there is a problem in the system. Thank you for being our guest.
Austin
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We got a really great rate on a room for a Tuesday night stay for a last minute trip to Sea World. The room and accommodations (pool, movies outside, fire pit and s'mores) were so nice and relaxing that we ended up spending almost as much time on the hotel grounds as we did in two days at Sea World. The location and free shuttle can't be beat and the customer service was five star!

• Stayed August 2013
I am glad that you found your stay to be very relaxing.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Shocked at room condition - shower head not clean with lime/calcium build up. Jetted tub dirty. Noisey bar frig.

The smores in the evening were fun with the kids. The pools were also great fun and the kids liked them.

The grill food was delicious and the portions were HUGE.

Also, all the staff were extremely friendly and helpful and while we didn't take advantage of the kids activities, other guests commented how much fun they had.

I was expecting the a better experience from my other stays at Hiltons. I just have a thing for having a clean shower and tub. If you don't mind that, then, this place is a good choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I would have expected a higher rating based on your overall service experience. I do apologize for the issue you had with the calcium build up on the shower head in your room. We have taken corrective action on the issue.