“Hilton San Antonio”

Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel
Ranked #81 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay, it was clean and the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure you had everything. I would definitely recommend this for business or family stay. Close to Sea World - they cater to families by having evening outside movies and s'more roast. WONDERFUL!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael W
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank You VERY much for your kind comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We do love this hotel BUT!!!! believe the desk staff should warn customers about vehicle break ins or do something to stop it! Absolutely ridiculous! 2 cars (including us) the night that we were there. the previous nights as well. Really made a good trip SUCK!

Room Tip: Park close to doors and secure all valuables!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MMDOSS

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. While I understand your frustration, the Hilton property is amongst the least of issues for our San Antonio police department. We have several signs posted all through the parking lot suggesting that guests do not leave valuables in their vehicles. The parking lot is well lit through the night and we are vigilant. A break in could occur anywhere and is certainly not unique to a hotel. It could happen at home, at the mall or anywhere. Thieves are opportunistic and look for easy targets. Simply put, we have never had a reported vehicle break in that didn't involve an item left out in the open. It is suggested that wherever you are take your valuables inside. For any of our guests, the hotel would gladly put your items in storage even if you have already checked out.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Reception not the fastest or the most attentive and was very preoccupied. There was only one person in line ahead of me at check in and it took FOREVER!! Not the best first impression. Room was ok. One plus is it was very quiet and slept well. Room was also clean. 2 pool areas but the pool bar was not open until 5pm so that meant you had to trek all the way back into the hotel to fetch drinks. A real pain. Should have had someone coming by and taking drink orders.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We do believe we offer great amenities and despite not having our pool side bar open early in the day, we do have restaurant service from 6:30am to 11pm. You did make a good suggestion in having a server visit the pool area and we will certainly consider doing this earlier in the day. We do have pool side service in the evening hours when most of the guests are back from SeaWorld after 5pm. Thank you very much for being our guest.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel if you are planning on going to Sea World during the day. In the evenings, it is a good place for families. The pool is nice, fire pits for smore making, and a big screen with a family friendly movie.

If you are planning on hanging at the hotel during the day and lounging at the pool, then you might have some disappointment. I went with my husband on a business trip he was attending at a resort up the street and thought I would hang at the pool during the day. To my surprise, there was no service. By no service I mean, no towel person and no wait staff. I guess that would be ok but there was also no place to buy food or drinks at the pool. So, I put my coverup on and went into the hotel to find that the hotel restaurant was also closed until late afternoon. I was not even able to get a soda. I did manage to find someone to fill a glass of ice water for me and that's all I was able to get unless I went to my room for room service or to the hotel store. This was a huge disappointment and the next day I went to the conference with my husband and used that hotel pool which had waitstaff, food, and drinks all day long. I'm not sure if it's like that on the weekend, but we stayed in June during the week. Also, they did not service our room one day. We returned to our room at 6pm to find the beds still unmade and no fresh towels, etc. When I called the front desk, the lady said that other people have called and complained also and apologized but never offered to send up fresh towels or anything for our inconvenience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

We apologize for the lack of customer service you experienced during your stay at our hotel. This is not typical of our staff and we cannot apologize enough. We have also addressed the pool service hours with our staff and it's an area we are actively looking to improve. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa for a one night stay in June and wish I had more time to stay and enjoy. The hotel is located close to SeaWorld, many nice restaurants and stores for shopping.
I booked the hotel 2-3 hours before arrival and was not able to get the type of room I typically request but when I got to the desk the clerk was able to get me an upgrade to a suite. The hotel has three pools to cool off in and a spa if you need to be pampered. When I looked out from the room there were movies on a huge wall for anyone wanting to swim and watch at the same time.
If you walk around the property, it is evident how much effort goes into making the hotel area beautiful and welcoming to their guests.
I am making plans to return when I have more time to enjoy all the Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa has to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Hilton Hill Country Hotel & Spa. I noticed that you are a Top Contributor with TripAdvisor and I appreciated that you recognized the hotel as being “Awesome” Thank you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is fabulous. It's our third time to stay here and we love it. The only problem we experienced was the stupid, ear piercing fire alarm going off a number of times. Other than that, very friendly place. The front desk lady was super nice upon arrival. And the bartender, Jacob was really nice too. Actually everyone here was nice. We stayed during the last game of the NBA finals and my son being the Heat fan that he is, wore his jersey and the hotel staff got a kick out of him. The pool area is a nice place to hang out and the rooms were clean. Housekeeping was also nice and accommodating. We asked for extra toiletries and got them, no problem!! I would tell my friends and family to stay here. Lovely place. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you very much for doing a review and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. The Alarm going off was unfortuante and due to an isolated problem not due to any emergency. The alarm issue has been resolved by our maintenace team and all systems are working properly. Thank you for being our guest and thankyou for your understanding with the alarm.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Enjoyed our weekend in a comfortable, clean room and loved the fact that the children have activities to look forward to- the outdoor movie, the children's pool play area, and the indoor activities like face painting, hair braiding, arts and crafts! So much fun!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family