“Very good hotel”

Ranked #84 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Frisco, Texas
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Not quite as good as I had hoped. Photos make it appear further from the main road than it is. Room (454) was in good shape but showed some wear. Pool and courtyard area was very nice, relaxing and incorporated local features. Service at front desk and bar mediocre.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is aprreciated and very helpful toward our success. I did see your remarks on the "mediocre service" you received and will send you a private message regarding this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Duncan, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location is nice - close to Sea World and away from the craziness of the riverwalk area. The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating. Our coffee maker in the room did not work, but it migh have been user error. No worries, free coffee is downstairs. The bed is awesome. I'm a Hilton fan for life! Our room was just $85, a very good price for the stay. Jessie at the front desk is very helpful and made us feel at home.

Room Tip: I noticed some rooms have balconies - it's worth asking about them if you like having your coffe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paula M, I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay at the Hilton Hill Country! Thank you for you kind comments regarding the staff, as well as the location of the property! We hope to see you back soon!
Austin
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent a few days here on business back in Mid December of 2012. My room was an upgraded suite and it was larger than my apartment back home. The room itself was very nice and I would have been extremely comfortable in there with my wife and daughter for weeks.
The front desk person Krissy was very nice and had me checked in very quickly. This first impression is EXTREMELY important to me. This person is representing the hotel and setting the tone for everything that happens after that. If I have issues after that and the initial check-in had even the slightest negative experience then everything following will be a big issue to me.
I ordered room service for breakfast and they brought it in on time and each person brought it with a smile and enthusiasm even though it was early each day.
I did have a toilet that clogged a few times and they came and fixed it immediately. However it happened again the next day which annoyed me but I called and asked them just to bring me a plunger which they kindly did. Most likely a past guest got something large stuck and it flushed fine most of the time so I can't hold that against the hotel unless someone tells them there is a major problem since the maid wouldn't have noticed it.
I also noticed that the condiments for my coffee setup weren't restocked with the proper amount of items each day which left me without sugar a few days. Being a business traveler I'm use to staying in places that ALWAYS that the small things right every day. But again not a major issue and a quick call got it fixed immediately.
I went to the bar and got ice tea late one night and didn't expect them to have any made but the bartender went and found some and left the pitcher there on the bar for me and didn't charge me a cent. Very good service and added to my pleasant experience.
Overall, the experience was excellent and for the room rate I would say it is def a place to stay.
S. Ramirez

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, I thank you for bringing the small details to my attention. As you stated, without your feedback, we aren't able to know the issue exists. I am pleased to hear that your overall stay was satisfactory. We will look forward to your next visit.
southlake
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stay at this Hilton quite often and the night shift clerk names Krissy has always been super helpful. I frequently check in late at night and checkout early in the morning on some of my business trips to San Antonio. Krissy is always sincerely very friend and helpful each and every time I see her. I am usually stressed on these business trips and Krissy always seems to cheer me up when I see her and I would like to commend her on providing a pleasant experience each and every time I see her.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your outstanding comments regarding our Night Audit Krissy! It's great to hear that through the great level of guest service you receive here at the Hilton Hill Country you've become a regular guest. We hope to see you again soon!
Frisco, TX
Reviewed December 29, 2012

As an Honors member, no microwave, no mini frig, no complimentary coffee in the lobby. Had to pay 2.50 a cup to take back to room. Gone for the day, come back, no bath towels, glass I used I'm the morning, left on the counter, still dirty, no new clean ones. I've stayed in much nicer Hampton Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: No view looking south
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rwmb
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. We do have small fridges in our Suites and a microwave located in our guest laundry area. Our goal is to provide first class service in all our facilities and offer Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner in both restaurant and lounge settings. I did see the comment on the room condition when you returned in the evening. I would be happy to discuss with you directly and will contact you in a private message. Thank you again for being our guest.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We stayed here overnight with the family with the main purpose being a trip to nearby Sea World Texas. We had a great room with a view of the interior courtyard and a balcony that unfortunately had a very fiesty wasp in residence. The hotel was clean adn the bathroom in our room was spacious. They even offered a free shuttle to Sea World that will save you the parking fee! At around ten PM of our evening stay, the parking lot did get full of Air Force buses picking up people from a big party that evening. It was hard to maneuver around them if you were trying to leave, but the celebrants were super nice and fun to watch so it was not bad at all. Overall, the staff were friendly and informative and provided us with all the information we needed and answered all of our questions about Sea World.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ahavakamm
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The hotel first off is very beautiul! Came for a mini R&R with my boyfriend and he didnt want to leave! From the first moment in meeting Krissy she just made us feel special! she was an true angel! Thanks again Krissy for going out of your way to ensure we had a great stay!

Room Tip: Suites on south side great view!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex P, General Manager at Hilton San Antonio Hill Country Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for review on TripAdvisor! It's wonderful to hear you had an enjoyable stay here at the Hilton Hill Country! Also thank you for your personal recognition of Krissy! We hope to see you back soon!