Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World
Ranked #200 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed November 1, 2013

me my husband and daughter stayed the weekend.. room was fine.. pool was beautiful very clean o & btw its a heated pool at that was a plus. the girls at the front desk were friendly and funny... i think we got there during the shift change christine checked us in and was very helpful we came in very hungry and asked her if she knew a good place to eat and she was on point on where to go but as the other girl was leaving i believe her name was jessica not sure but she was making my daughter laugh which made me feel at ease because my daugther was being alil grumpy. i would say i would come again if we make a trip back to san antonio but i would be nice if there wasnt just free coffee maybe sum kind of juice or hot chocolate for free for the childern . o yes and i forgot i mention my husband loved the maintenance man there..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our hotel here San Antonio. I am so happy to hear that our team made you feel comfortable and welcome during your stay. I will be sure to pass your comment on to the team especially Jessica, Christine and Victor our "maintenance guy". We all enjoyed having you at our hotel and we look forward to serving you again should you travels return you to our area.

Darlene Silva
Interim General Manager

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I brought my daughter in to enjoy Halloween festivities at Sea World and ended up staying much later than planned. Instead of driving back to Austin, we decided to hop on expedia and book a room. I've stayed at other hotels, like the LQ, in this area and never had a problem. I intentionally did not book the absolute lowest priced rooms to avoid being somewhere unsafe, and the Red Roof Inn name gave me comfort. It is deceiving. Our room was strangely empty, when you walk in there is a completely empty room, then you walked through the bathroom *2 towels, 1 washcloth* to get into the room where there was a QUEEN (not KING as we had paid for) size bed, a table with no chairs, and a TV bolted to the dresser. The bathroom floor was very dirty, but otherwise the room was very clean. The lock on the door did not work correctly, and the door jam was broken as though it had been kicked in and not repaired. I locked the doors to the best of my ability, put my daughter on the side of the bed farthest from the door and went to sleep. At 12:30 I woke up to two men fighting in the hall outside the doors. Scared me to death. I called the front desk and was told that security would be right up. I listened to the fighting for about an hour after this, too frightened to sleep or leave the hotel. Security never showed up. When I said something about it at check out the next morning I was told "oh I heard about that, but didn't see any reports on it" and that the club next door brought in lots of drunks, and fights were not uncommon. This hotel does not care about guest safety. I got no sleep thanks to the lack of security. I will NEVER stay here again, and will post bad reviews on every site I can find to do so.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

10/18/13

Thank you for taking the time to submit this feedback. I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. At Red Roof Inn, we put every effort into providing a safe, clean, and well-maintained room with great service. We are currently working to improve these four areas and obviously failed you. We will work to ensure what you experienced does not happen again. I hope you will give Red Roof Inns another chance in the future.

Kathleen Trindade
Interim General Manager

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Reserved 6 rooms for our employees for 2 nights and after one night I called to speak to the unprofessional "general manager" Carolyn to check our employees out and to advise her of the horrific and restless night our employees experienced. She proceeded to argue with me stating she had never heard of such things and I needed to be very specific with what was wrong with every single room. I am appalled that such persons as this woman can carry titles such as "general manager" and not now the first thing about customer service. This hotel requires immediate attention with so much mold found throughout.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Sogukrher
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear Sogukrher ,

At Red Roof, we strive to provide every customer with superior service and pride ourselves with Ledgendary Customer service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem that occurred during your stay to prevent any future occurrence. I would like the opportunity to fix what may have been a misunderstanding as well. Please contact at your convienence.

210.509.3434

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Worst hotel. Checked in, room still filthy, stuff stuck on carpets, cheese stuck on bed spread, so we requested new bed linens..stuff they brought was worse. Tub was disgusting. We had to drive to Walmart and by sheets and blankets while on vacation! Ladies at the desk were very nice, but the room was awful. We had two ac units, one of which was card boarded up..the mattress was falling apart. Want wifi, gotta be in the lobby sitting in one chair..avoid this hotel!!!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Antonio NW/Sea World Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies. We have recently fixed and even upgraded our Wifi service.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

RED ALERT – BEWARE

Red Roof room rates - deceiving advertisements of $49.95, told on the phone that our room rate would be $53.00 to $55.00 per night and would be given a discount if a senior. It was not until I checked out that I was charged $91.00 per night. When we arrived and went to our room, I noticed that the door lash was broken and I immediately notified them but there was not concern there. Look like the room has been broken into but repairs had not been made. We had no internet in the room only in the lobby (one computer) for all. No breakfast area only coffee in the lobby. Was told security was on site but never saw one only a sign.

DON'T spend your money there – not worth the price – Cheap hotel but high prices (even Motel 6 is better than this place)

OOPs, forgot to mention, they automatically charge you for a safe box $1.50 per night (no safe in the room), again, It would help if they were truthful upfront before checking in. s. Rooms are same as Motel 6 but Motel 6 has a much lower rate than $91.00 per day.

The young ladies must be training to say sorry that's only for weekend and off peak season.

Online prices are also not correct - deception in all their advestisement, do not honor their coupons in the travel guide booklet that you see almost in every restaurant, etc.

For this price, go to La Quinta, Days Inn, Best Western, better rooms, free breakfast, free internet, coffee in the room, dryer, etc. etc.

Room Tip: No restaurant, no kids play, rooms unsafe.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Terri R
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Terri R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize for any confusion you encountered. We take extra steps to insure you know the rates by posting the rate and any other fees that may apply for your stay on the Registration card upon check-in.

I really feel terrible that you felt we didn't provide the experience which you hoped for and would appreciate the opportunity to make this up to you, please feel free to contact me and we can discuss this issue more in detail and I hope you will allow me the opportunity to resolve this.

Once again, my sincerest apologies and I hope you give us this chance to welcome you back to the hotel and take advantage of the many other amazing amenities which we provide; heated pool, within walking distance to many restaurants, and minutes from Sea World.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

After driving 7 hours, specifically to THIS motel because we had a coupon for 39.99, we were told on arrival that they would not honor that price because it was spring break. It was the Sunday BEFORE. Not only that, I attemped to call several times in advance to make sure the price would be as advertised, but could not get a live person on the phone. Add to that, their sign said 39.99 too! So I asked the RUDE desk clerk why the sign said that and why the coupon didn't say anything about excluding holidays and special events. Her reply?" I don't know". I was too exhausted to drive another mile, and my 5 year old was already irritable from traveling so long, so I chose to go ahead and stay here. I ended up paying 90 bucks for a mediocre room. We had reservations downtown, but not till Monday. Came a day early thinking we would rest up and only be out $40. WRONG! It was super noisy, the room wasn't dark, and although they advertise free wifi, guess what.... THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT. Not exactly how we wanted to start our vacation. Oh well. I guess that extra money we spent on this place means less money to spend on vacation. :(

• Stayed: March 2013
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the San Antonio Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Since we go every other weekend to take my son to a specialist the girls in the front desk signed us up for a loyalty membership so we can earn points for a free night. These girls go above and beyond to help us out. This property does not provide breakfast but Ruby and Patricia in the front desk always make sure to have cookies and goodies for the guest.Even though the rooms are cheap in price, they arent cheap in quality. The rooms are spacious and clean, I'm glad we choose this hotel for us. Our children look foward to our trips to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Always enjoy the 3rd floor, in the corner, away from noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jaidenp
RRI240, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio West Sea World, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time for your comments regarding your recent stay at the San Antonio NW/Sea World Red Roof.

I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team especially Ruby and Patricia. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.