La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #47 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you are looking for an out-of-this-world, amazing hotel that you will never forget, this isn't it! It's a tad bland, which you would expect from a huge chain like La Quinta I guess, but on my recent stay I found it to be a solid performer. Our room was large and modern, our beds comfortable and the breakfast was fine. The place is quite well situated, being only 10 minutes walk from the River Walk or Market Square. The staff were nice and helpful and happily answered my questions. I didn't need to use the gym or pool so can't comment on them. One thing that was a bit of a problem was the elevator. It is incredibly slow and creaky! Overall though, it was a good place to stay.

1  Thank ROsemary6_13

Reviewed March 22, 2013

So much potential, so little effort. Booked in a king suite for 2 nights. Rooms are nice, nothing special-good LQ bed. After 1st day cleaning, no trash bags in cans. Fitness room leaves much to be desired. Pool is outdoors. Breakfast was nothing special-no hot eggs like other LQ.Good value for the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel itself might be fine - don't know never got to stay there. Travel agent screwed up the date of my travel. The thing that gets me is that I never even got a courtesy call letting me know that I was a no show! Way to help out your customer La Quinta.

I know the date screwup was third party but it would have been nice to have a call.

A La Quinta traveler
Austin, Texas, USA

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
A TripAdvisor Member
Killeen, Texas, USA
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The place was great and we had a geat time during our stay at La Quinta. Also the service was great and the location was great too. I would recomand anyone to stay here at La Quinta any time of the year. It is a 5 star place in my book.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked this hotel for the location-it's right across the street from the San Antonio river walk. Upon arrival at 5pm our rooms were still not ready. No apology or approximate time was given. We had already unloaded bags for 6 people and had to ask for it to be put into the concierge closet- this was not offered. We also had to ask for a call when the room was ready. We then went to park in the hotel lot (charged per day), there was not one spot open and we were forced to park along a curb. We went to dinner and called them at about 7:30 since we had not yet received a call that our rooms were ready. The rooms were ready at that time. The other draw for this hotel was the included breakfast. The food was fine for this type of breakfast buffet, but the layout required a long line to go through multiple stations whether you were interested in them or not, the trash cans overflowed, and there were wet areas on the floor- all of this while someone diligently dusted a piece of art. The overall feeling was for a lack of direction. The team members weren’t rude, but more untrained. We insisted on not paying for the parking, but otherwise no apology was given. Just be sure you are staying for the location and not the property itself.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed there for over 6 months and had to unexpectedly check out. I had important packages coming and asked for them to hold them 5 days till I returned. After assuring me they would, I was informed they sent the package back. Will Never stay at this location again

• Stayed: February 2013