La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown
Ranked #48 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Finnish first
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

No doubt this centrally located LQ gets hard use in a convention and tourism epicenter like SA. The first time we stayed here it was impressive for its fantastic price and overall good condition. Last stay, it was looking a little worse for the wear. Still a great bargain and a super location for those who like to go downtown but also be near King William and South Town/hipster areas, but I would hesitate to rec it any longer to anyone who's fussy about appearances.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyWest
Gros Morne National Park, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This a very nice La quinta the excutive king suite is large. The breakfast is standard la Quinta ok but nothing special. The room is motel clean and staff are very nice. No phone book in room so quests can make dinner reservation so I went down stairs and was told we dont have any and we took them out of the rooms and was offerd a dominoes delivery menu it would be nice if quests had a phone book to call a quality resturants to make reservation or take out or what ever. This La quinta is nicely located downtown and safe, a little to the exspensive side for a la Quinta but its downtown. We would stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greyhoundlover
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

we were there for the marathon and at the last minute I found your hotel. I called made my arrangements and had a conformation before I could barely move. I was afraid of the location before I got there, but it was as they said. It was perfect. We worked out in weight room which was extremely clean. The only disappointment was the spa was broken. But I figured that was just a minor thing. Pool was beautifully clean. Breakfast was kept full, clean and very good. It saved me a lot of money. The staff was the sweetest ladies. I forgot my printed off paper for my marathon and she pointed me in the direction of the computers and printer. I was so happy. We never drove our car once we were there. We were able to take trolley everywhere. It was right outside out hotel. Matter of fact there were 2 places and both took you different places. We also were so close to downtown we walked several times to. Thank You for a wonderful stay. We already have you ready to book next year.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I really like this property and although i wasn't happy there was an error and my reservation was canceled. The GM called and apologized, he also awarded my rewards points as a form of apology. Going back after Thanksgiving

• Stayed October 2012