“Vacation Schliterbahn”

Ranked #97 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Atlanta, Georgia
“Vacation Schliterbahn”
Reviewed July 8, 2009

It was a pretty good hotel with continental breakfast free daily. Some people called it a buffet which it isn't. But still if you want a hot morning breakfast this is what was served the days that I stayed there. Sausage,eggs, oatmeal, waffles,bread, milk,several types of juices, cantelope, coffee and free USA Today paper. Which will get you started off for the day. This hotel has a lot of shops restaurants in the surrounding area which makes it a very good choice to stay. My only gripe is they don't have adequate parking spaces for the hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed for a week for a convention downtown, leaving my teenager to fend for himself for several of the days we were there. He was able to walk to North Star Mall with no difficulty.

The room was very comfortable, nice kitchen and comfortable beds. They were made up each day even though they say they won't do that on longer stays.

The breakfast was ok. Lots of restaurants nearby.

Drive to the convention center was 15 minutes or less each day. Excellent airport access, no airport noise. Free laundry, never crowded. The pool area was crowded but nice enough.

No complaints about this stay at all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed June 22, 2009

After reading reviews on numerous San Antonio hotels, I chose Staybridge based upon previous guests' ratings, the amazing amount of amenities, and the convenience of it's location. We had 4 perfect days and 3 nights there, and to say that we were pleased would be an understatement. Check in was easy and quick, and the front desk clerk promptly handed me a package I had delivered there the day before....just as I was about to ask for it.

We had 3 in our 2 queen suite, and it provided us the home away from home we were looking for to capitalize on every minute we had to spend with our Air Force basic training graduate. It's location is roughly halfway between Lackland AFB & downtown San Antonio so we were able to get a lot packed into our short stay. Our suite (100) was on the ground floor with everything pretty much a few steps away....elevator to the 3rd floor pool, the exercise/laundry room, the breakfast area, and the front desk/lobby. Our beds were very comfortable & each had 4 pillows...plus 2 more in the closet if a softer pillow was desired. The closet had plenty of hangers, a full-sized ironing board and iron, a laundry basket, and the doors were mirrored providing a full-length mirror when closed. There was also a second TV in the sleeping area in addition to the one in the sitting area.

We chose to head downtown to the Riverwalk on the day of graduation, and were quickly able to have our airman back on base with time to spare (as recommended). With a full day of liberty on Saturday, our airman decided our hotel was the perfect place to spend the entire day (after seeing the place while we made a quick & very convenient pit stop the previous day) so we picked up some groceries at the Walmart Supercenter just a couple off blocks away while the younger folks headed to the pool. We prepared most everything needed for a wonderful, much-desired home-cooked meal in the kitchenette, and then used one of 3 gas grills at the pool to bbq hamburgers and chicken. All of the utensils, plates, and cookware were right there in our room.

The rest of the afternoon we spent in our suite while our airman made use of the oh-so-convenient laundry facilities, and caught up on some TV and did some web-surfing using my laptop and the free Wi-Fi. A great selection of ice cream in the 24hr ultra-mini shop just off of the main desk affforded us a nice dessert before returning our airman to Lackland with a duffel bag filled with clean clothes, and a freshly pressed uniform!

Owing to the fact that we were on the go very early each day of our stay, we were not able to make full use of the fabulous breakfast offered, but we did grab coffee, bagels, yogurt, and fresh fruit on our way out the door, and that was quite a timesaver.

When our time was up, and we prepared to leave, a computer AND printer in the area off of the lobby/sitting room made it convenient to print our boarding passes in advance of our arrival at the airport (just a 5 minute drive), and I remarked to my husband that it was a shame that we would not be back in San Antonio again (our airman shipped out to another base very early the next morning), and I wished that there was a Staybridge Suites everywhere because it would be my first choice for ANY trip. While it was perfect for our BMT graduation visit, it was clear that Staybridge Airport would be the perfect choice for anyone visiting San Antonio. It's slightly more than other places (particularly those closer to Lackland), but it's clean, newer, and so packed full of money-saving amenenties that the cost is money well spent.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank Banshee962
austin
Reviewed June 15, 2009

My family recently stayed here for two nights and we were extremely impressed. The location is great, the rooms are well equipped with full kitchen and are very clean. Free washers and dryers were a nice amenity and the free breakfast was excellent. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2009

Hello,
As a priority club member I am shocked I hadn't searched out this chain before! So not only didn I have a very roomy comfortable stay. The Complimentary Breakfast and evening dinner with beer or wine was the tip of the iceburg! As my title states, depending on my length of stays in the future I will be searching out this chain. And the most amazing part is that this chain is within a $20 increase from my Holiday Inn Express I choose the most for stays.
Right next door is a STEAKhouse, it is less than five minutes from the airport. We vistited downtown San Antonio, Alamo etc (about 20 minute drive).

Best Value I have come across this Year!
You must check out this chain!

Thanks for Reading

VG Consoles

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
st george utah
Reviewed March 26, 2009

I searched for hours looking for a hotel or a VRBO in San Antonio that would accomodate the 8 of us. I read the trip advisor reviews and booked this hotel. Just wanted you to know that this place was fantastic...We got a 2 bedroom 2 bath, living room, sofa sleeper w/ kitchen suite, for $180 a nite. Such a nice hotel, they fed us breakfast every morning, tue-thurs a lite dinner. It was clean, smoke free, family friendly, and got free use of the washer and dryers! We will definately stay here again!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
houston, texas
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I, We, loved it here! Everything was damn near perfect. My lover and I went here for the week end. I arrived first and the cashier checked me in quickly with out asking 101 question and searching. It was if they saw me in the parking lot and had my keys ready when I walked in. THE SUITES WERE NICE, THE HOTEL WAS SO COZY, JUST LIKE A LITTLE APT ON THE UPPER EAST SIDE. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. They did not disturb us with anything, even on the check out morning. STAY HERE YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT! BEAUTIFULY AND INVITING SWIMMING POOL VIEW.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple