Here's the skinny: we had a 2BR, and spent 2 weeks at Staybridge, and then 1 week at Renaissance Inn at Marriot down the road. Here are the differences:
Price: Staybridge was $100 less per night. For most people, that's all you need to know. Renaissance is definitely NOT that much better.
Food: Staybridge offers free breakfast every day, and dinner from Tue-Thur. Renaissance offers free breakfast every day, and dinner from Mon-Wed. The food at Renaissance had greater variety, a bit better, but more crowded because of a smaller dining space. Renaissance did offer, a kids room for breakfast, with kid friendly food and a movie playing on the TV.
Laundry: Staybridge was free; Renaissance was $1 for wash, $1 for dry
Pool: Renaissance had some pool toys for kids.
Furnishings: Renaissance was a bit better in terms of quality. There was HDTV, although channels were slow to change over. Both offer free Wi-Fi: Staybridge you have to log in each time, whereas Renaissance was automatic connection, but mine was spotty.
The beds were pretty comfortable - neither one stood out from the other.
Kitchen: Renaissance had an actual oven, nicer fridge, nicer microwave, etc. Our Staybridge fridge leaked some water inside.
Layout: We liked Staybrige a bit more because there were more dressers. Renaissance really didn't have a lot of dressers to put your clothes, especially if you were staying for a long time.
Location: both on the 410 loop, easy access -although getting to Renaissance is hard off the 410 interstate because it's a 90 degree turn off the highway, and you're better off taking the earlier exit.
Service: Both places were great. At one point, Renaissance was "out of blankets" when we requested one. But staff on all accounts are great.
Gym: Staybridge had more cardio equipment and was a bigger room. Renaissance had some free weights and a couple of cardio.
Common areas: Staybridge had a much better lounge area, and dining time was not packed. The "business center" was also a bit nicer, in that the internet was faster and a bigger monitor.
Hope it helps you decide.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in North Central San Antonio, this hotel location is just minutes from every area of town. This upscale all suite hotel has been designed to meet the needs of both corporate and leisure travelers looking for more space than offered by a standard hotel room. Choose the suite that's just right for you. Studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and two bedroom, two bath executive suites are available. All suites are equipped with a full kitchen that includes a cook top, full size refrigerator with ice maker, built in microwave oven, dishwasher, service for four and all the utensils you need to make your suite feel more like home. In addition, each room has a VCR, sleeper sofa, recliner, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and coffee pot and a television in every bedroom. During you stay you are invited to take advantage these exceptional amenities. Take a dip in the roof top heated pool and whirlpool. Use the barbeque grills located poolside as well. Join us daily for our free breakfast buffet or complimentary evening Sundowner held Tuesday through Thursday each week. We offer free hard wired and wireless internet in all rooms. Need to send or receive a fax or make copies? It's all free! Need the shuttle to take you to area restaurants, Northstar Mall or the airport? Just let us know and we are on our way. Send your clothes to the dry cleaners or wash them in our free laundry room equipped with full size washers and dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Staybridge Suites