The hotel itself is in a nice location, close to the airport, on the 410 loop. There are nice restaurants with in walking distance, which is good and leads to the first issue - parking is a challenge. The hotel runs full, a testament to the hotel, but if you get back after 8:30 or so, parking is tough. The lot is not very well lit and the night of my arrival, delayed for 11 hours due to missed connections, I ended up with the last parking spot in the very far back corner next to a fence and a huge SUV. I did not feel safe.
Hector, at the Front Desk was wonderful - pleasant, efficient and helpful. After a hard day of travel, he was just the sort of person you would hope to find at the other end. The room was wonderful, spacious, clean and beautifully decorated. The issue was it was on the 7th floor. That floor has smoking rooms and non-smoking rooms. I totally get the extended stay concept and I under stand why you would want to offer the option, but to have smoking and non-smoking rooms on the same floor? There was smoking rooms right across the hall from non-smoking. That is ridiculous. I do not want to be around smoke and yet due to the layout, I had to walk by smoking rooms at either end of the hall.
The evening reception was a great bonus and Michael did a get job. Breakfast was the last little hitch and was the biggest disappointment. Wednesday Morning I came down around 7:30 and there was no attendant in sight, (or Desk Person, for that matter), the dining area was a mess, dirty dishes, spilled cereal, spilled milk, etc. Much of the prepared food containers were empty or had been out long than it ought and worst of all there was no coffee!!!!!, The Attendant showed up about 10 minutes after I did and brought out coffee but clearly the task was more than one person could handle.
Overall, a nice location and a good staff. A little more attention to detail would make this an awesome operation!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in North Central San Antonio, this hotel location is just minutes from every area of town. This upscale all suite hotel has been designed to meet the needs of both corporate and leisure travelers looking for more space than offered by a standard hotel room. Choose the suite that's just right for you. Studio, one bedroom, two bedroom and two bedroom, two bath executive suites are available. All suites are equipped with a full kitchen that includes a cook top, full size refrigerator with ice maker, built in microwave oven, dishwasher, service for four and all the utensils you need to make your suite feel more like home. In addition, each room has a VCR, sleeper sofa, recliner, iron and ironing board, hair dryer and coffee pot and a television in every bedroom. During you stay you are invited to take advantage these exceptional amenities. Take a dip in the roof top heated pool and whirlpool. Use the barbeque grills located poolside as well. Join us daily for our free breakfast buffet or complimentary evening Sundowner held Tuesday through Thursday each week. We offer free hard wired and wireless internet in all rooms. Need to send or receive a fax or make copies? It's all free! Need the shuttle to take you to area restaurants, Northstar Mall or the airport? Just let us know and we are on our way. Send your clothes to the dry cleaners or wash them in our free laundry room equipped with full size washers and dryers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Antonio - Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Antonio Airport Hotel San Antonio
- San Antonio Staybridge Suites