“Pleasant Stay - Nice Rooms”

Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North
Ranked #182 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, TX
“Pleasant Stay - Nice Rooms”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

It has been a very long time since I've stayed at a HIX, and was very surprised by this location. I would definately stay here again the next time I'm in San Antonio north side. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was large. Our room included a kitchenette, sitting area, king bed and an nicely sized bathroom. The shower head was incredible. The staff were very friendly. The only complaints were the exhaust in the bathroom did not work too well so the mirrors fogged up with only a warm shower. Also, breakfast the next mornign was standard fare. When we arrived at around 9am, they were out of biscuits and sausage. But, it was Sunday morning and there were a lot of unattended kids with stacks of food on their plates. They did restock the sausage, but never saw any more biscuits. I would recommend this site highly.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
managemom
Reviewed May 29, 2009

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Airport North in April. Beautiful hotel that had everything I needed to conduct my business, I was even able to buy stamps to mail out my mail. Every employee that I came in contact with had a smile on their face. Any time I return to San Antonio this is the hotel I will stay at I would also recommend it to anyone heading to San Antonio.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Richardson, TX
Reviewed December 30, 2008

I stayed at this hotel in December 2008 to attend a funeral at a nearby church.

This hotel is pretty standard for this class. The lobby area is nice. The employees we dealt with were very nice. The room was pretty basic with two beds, flat screen TV, coffee pot, and small refrigerator. There was also a small pull out sofa.

The breakfast is maybe a step above with premade omelets and biscuits and gravy, along with the usual juice and cereal.

A few issues, we arrived at around 12:45 a.m. and were ready for bed. When we went in the room the A/C was on high and it was probably 60 degrees. I put the heat on high but it took several hours before the room was comfortable. Also, the beds in the room were called doubles, but they were pretty darn close to twin size. Fortunately we did not need to put two people in a bed.

I would say this hotel was a good value at $79-$85/night, but we were paying $102.60/night so I felt it was a bit overpriced.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Beds too small
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 27, 2008

When we arrived we were greeted by the manager, who was very friendly, along with the rest of the staff. The room was clean and comfortable, and the price more than reasonable. Would definitely recommend. Although it is not downtown, I didn't mind the drive and there are a variety of places to eat in this area. I also don't recall hearing noise from planes. Overall it was a great experience.

• Liked — Staff, price
  • Disliked — construction in area
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
California
Reviewed August 23, 2007

We were staying at this hotel for a business event for two days, before we moved on to a hotel of our choice. This was a basic, no frills hotel that I would give two-and-a-half stars at most. It was in a convenient location right off of the 281, but not a neighborhood we could feel safe walking around in at night.

We had a room with a king bed and the bed was comfortable and the pillows soft. But the room had a wall ac/furnace unit that rumbled very loudly when in use and that made controlling the room temp a bit difficult. It was always too cold or too hot. There was a mini fridge in the room, which was handy, and a coffeemaker and a microwave.

There was a small pool and a large jacuzzi, both of which were busy on the Saturday night we were there.

The staff was friendly and the free breakfast was decent. It was an okay hotel for a fast business trip, but definitely not luxurious by any means. Not that anyone expects a Holiday Inn Express to be luxurious.

We paid $84 a night for our room with a company discount, but the rack rate was $134. I would never pay $134 for this room. At $84, it was reasonable enough but via Priceline we found another hotel, a four-star, for $88 and stayed there the last two nights of our vacation for a much better experience.

• Liked — Convenient location.
  • Disliked — Ugly rooms.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed June 17, 2007

I initially booked 2 nights at this hotel, due to speaking at an Educational Conference. The hotel was SO quiet and COMFORTABLE, that I stayed a third night. I spend 75 plus nights per year in hotels and am thrilled when I have a good night's rest because the hotel is QUIET. I even chatted with the front desk about this concept and was told that they screen their large groups to make sure there is a responsible adult that will ensure the children will get into their rooms and not run wild. I was SO impressed! They certainly recognize their business clients.
I had a paper on my door every morning and used the business center and the laundry facilities....super! There are quite a few restaurants within 3-5 miles and also a FED EX and Post Office...perfect for shipping! I WILL stay here again...thanks so much! Oh. they also have a Wednesday night BBQ ....FREE!

• Liked — clean and quiet
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed December 21, 2006

This hotel was an excellent stay at a very reasonable price!
The king bed with lots of pillows was like heaven - we are looking to get one for home. The room was spotless. The service warm, friendly and helpful. Nice sized fridge, big tv, wireless internet with rockin signal, all the bathroom amneties you will ever need with plenty of thick towels and nice adjustable shower head. Located close to everything yet just enough outside of town to escape the city quickly. Highly recommend Martha's Cantina down the street for fabulous mexican food at an excellent price! Dont try to save a few bucks on inferior economy lodging! Next time we are in town to visit family we will be staying here for sure!

• Liked — The king size bed and clean room!
  • Disliked — More channels on tv...?
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple