Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North
Ranked #180 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Nashville, Tennessee
“Good hotel”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is older than the one I stayed at in Selma, just outside of San Antonio. It was updated, but it was showing a little age. It is near lots of restaurants. The manager was very friendly. My room was quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Aberdeen, Mississippi
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Our filght out of SAN was cancelled so we were stuck overnight. This hotel was booked for us by a third party. We found the accomodations to be on par with others in this price range. We found the front desk staff to be friendly and check in and check out was not a problem. They do have a happy hour in the evening, although we did not attend as we went to The Barn Door for steak.

The room was clean, bed comfortable, flat screen had plenty to watch, including HBO. NO funny smells or mystery stains present. Our bath was also spotless.

We did not use the comp breakfast as we checked out at 4AM for our flight home

I would recommend this hotel to a friend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have seriously never talked with a hotel Manager that is as rude as the General Manager "Versha" at this Holiday Inn Express. I guess she is the one who trained "Rebecca" the Team Lead because she was just as unhelpful and rude as well. Neither one of them wanted to accept my reservation. I don't see this hotel being successful as long as the two of them are working there. I hope their Owner see's this and realizes how much they are ruining the hotel.

Room Tip: Yeah.... book at any other hotel!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brandon B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Brandon B,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. The incident you described is not a common occurrence at the hotel. We will be addressing the matter with the respective departments. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Myrna M
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Sorry, but this time I got a room that was average and the bathroom had a really strong smell of urine- I've stayed here several times and never had that problem, but this time? Sheesh, I didn't even want to go into that room. The breakfast is good, the staff friendly- maybe it's deep cleaning time for the toilets!

Room Tip: Throw the room back to the service desk if it smells, apparently they will respond!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear DeeEll57,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the smell prevented you from fully enjoying your experience during this visit. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2013

stayed here for a week on business trip. Loved the lobby which is nicely decorated! Good breakfast, every day House keeping, snack room, good location & neatly maintained. I wouldn't expect much for what I paid.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Small express tucked into a postage stamp lot behind business's. Room was a typical Holiday Inn Express room. Thin floors though, walking could be heard with heavy feet. Lots of cautions about crime on a laminated card in the room. One of the 2 entrances is locked down after dark which confirms there are problems! Never saw anything the 3 days I stayed there, but it is a warning. Hotel is terribly located, next to one of the worst highways in San Antonio! No exits near hotel so pay close attention to GPS when arriving! Plenty of places to eat on either side of the highway. There's a place to eat like every 4 feet! 5 minutes from the airport, a good distance from downtown though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have written over 150 reviews on Trip Advisor; I hope you find my review helpful.

First, do NOT trust your I-phone's navigation to get you here...it thinks this hotel is across the highway.

To be honest, I am a regular Marriott customer, but chose this hotel trying to save a few bucks. There's a reason for the expression: "You get what you pay for..."

I pre-paid for 2 rooms on Hotwire.com for about $72 a night. I was traveling with my wife and 3 children. Upon arrival, I asked if one of my rooms could have a king-sized bed. I was told they were sold out of king rooms but they had a "king executive" available for a $40 upcharge per night. However, on their own website, the difference in price is $20. I think this is an unacceptable practice. The difference in price should be consistent with that is advertised.

The people working the front desk are not hospitable...I am not sure why they are in the hospitality industry. Nobody ever smiled nor greeted us on any occasion.

The beds were hard and uncomfortable.

The TVs have a weird programming, for example, CNN is "35.0". But if you just press in "35" you will get "35.1" which is an "infomercial channel". Took us several attempts to get CNN...just not intuitive.

The Coffee was watery.

The breakfast was ok...with sausages and eggs among the hot food available.

There is no local newspaper available...if you are here on the weekend, you are stuck with an old USA Today edition.

The bathroom fixtures are dated and the water pressure is poor.

Overall, since nobody at the front desk was nice or smiled, I wouldn't return just for that. Add in the fact their inconsistent policy on up-charges, I would never reward this hotel or its chain again.

Room Tip: Try a Marriott property instead
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank stevetanyaTexas
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Antonio Airport North, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear stevetanyaTexas,

Thank you for your review. All our guest comments are valuable and we consider them seriously in the consistent endeavor to improve the quality of our products and service.

We read with much concern about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during your previous stay with us. I sincerely apologize for we fell below your expectations with regard to the room condition and for the poor customer care that you received. Further, I am truly sorry for the issues you had with our rates. We endeavor to meet all guests’ expectations at all times and regret that we failed on this instance.

We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class a world class experience. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. Thank you again for your comments.

Dhan M