“Unexpected Excellence - Staff, Cleanliness, Staff, Comfort, Staff, Staff!”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #161 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was in the area for a conference and booked in another hotel. After a terrible experience I took a cab to the Red Roof Inn were some others on my team were staying and to be honest did not have high expectations. I was completely impressed by Darlene Silva and the front desk staff - Debbie Harpster and Aldo Cortez. The welcoming manner, the get it done for the guest attitude and the genuine hospitality was top notch. I saw much of them over the weekend and had several interactions, all pleasant, all professional and all enjoyable. I also had the occasion to interact with Susie Cortez who was so kind to help me find a lost pin of recognition I had just received at the conference and gave me the magnet off of her own nametag to replace the missing magnet on my pin. Overall, just an unexpected pleasant and superb experience. I am glad for the negative experience at the other hotel that opened the door for my stay at the Red Roof Inn. Far better service and the price was nearly 35% less than my other booking!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review about your experience and the team here at Red Roof Inn. It is our goal to have our guest feel confident, significant and delighted with our service and we are all happy to hear that we were able to do that for you. The team here will be overjoyed when I post this review in their break-room. We truly enjoyed having you and your team here in our hotel and we all look forward to serving ya’ll again when you return to our beautiful city.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Clean very clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were large enough, you could easily walk around the room. Beds were super comfortable. Sheets were soft not scratchy. The area was very safe. Close to the airport, yet quiet. I been know to shy away from Red Roof Inns, but the price was right. This was such a wonderful experience. I tried to extended my stay for the entire week. unfortunately they were booked. I can see why. I hope all Red Roof Inns, have improved to this level. It was well worth more than I paid. Close to the airport, but very quiet. I do not know about the fitness room or kids activities. Never checked them out

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with our hotel and brand. We are all very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you had great room for a great price. Our team truly enjoys giving our guest the best experience with their stay and I will share this with them to show them the fruition of their hard work. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you when your travels return you to our beautiful city.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I had the pleasant opportunity to stay at the Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport location and I must say every member of the staff was very friendly and super service oriented. Specifically I'd like to recognize Linda for identifying and executing a win-win solution to a coupon issue I experienced. She was extremely polite and understanding throughout the process. She was also knowledgeable regarding creative and more importantly inexpensive ways to travel from the hotel to downtown. This location is certainly somewhere I'd stay again and recommend to friends. Five star service at a 2 star price! Thanks Linda!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review about your experience with our brand. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Linda was able to help you out with your transportation needs. She is a valuable asset to this property and will be sure to show her this review. Thank you again and we look forward to serving you the next time you are in our beautiful city.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport while working in town for a month. The staff was always very pleasant and the rooms very comfortable. What really set this business above others was when I mistakenly had left an important piece of computer equipment behind and was already in another town working. I called and spoke to Darlene Silva the general manager, explained my concern on it being found. She spoke with Erika Guzman one of her hardest working housekeepers, shared my concern and Erika immediately went up to the room and searched the entire room top to bottom and every corner until she found the piece. Yeah! Big Thank You to Darlene for all the focus and energy on helping me out and a Super Big Thank You to Erika Guzman for her steadfastness in a job well done. Thank you! I will always brag about each of you, the honesty and importance you put on helping me....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Betsy S
Darlene S, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for writing such a nice review about your experience with our hotel. You and your team are like family here at the hotel and we always look forward to Rodeo knowing you guys will be coming. It is and always will be a pleasure to take care of ya'll while you are in town. I will be sure to show Erica this post and I am sure she will be over the moon. Thank you again and we look forward to next year to serve you again.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Price was great, especially with free parking & wifi. From outside rooms look a little questionable but inside they're great. Lots of space, very comfortable bed, and--my favorite-- lots of outlets on nightstands for charging phones, tablets, etc. They have free coffee, not much else for breakfast, but price is so low you don't mind. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Love that Red Roof has all no-smoking rooms in many locations (like this one). Close, easy access to airport, which was why we stayed there. Great deal, would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had ground floor king on side away from road (this is on a side street away fromexpressway so not...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for posting such a nice review about your experience with our brand during you brief visit to San Antonio. I truly appreciate your insight for our future guest as it is always comforting to hear from our guest that we have a great product for a great price. We look forward to serving you again should your travels bring you through our beautiful city again. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This stay was a last-minute change of plans to put a break in a long international journey, so I wasn't shooting for the moon - just a clean, comfortable bed near the airport. I'd recently been staying in 4-and-5-star Inns and Resorts during a 1-month Christmas/New Year's holiday in the U.S., so my expectations were quite low. So - my first stay in a Red Roof Inn - THIS one, at least - was a pleasant surprise. For $50 a night I got a very nice, exceptionally large room (#221) - clean, comfy bed, big flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, safe, microwave, large, wrap-around business desk, coffee maker, etc. I've stayed in a LOT worse for a LOT more. The front desk was kind, courteous and helpful, both in person and when I called in advance to notify of a 9 p.m. arrival. The rep told me to take a taxi from the airport - not to wait around for the shuttle, and they'd reimburse. I thought, "Right, and Penelope Cruz is gonna call me for a date tonight." But 10 seconds after I approached the desk with my receipt, the full cash reimbursement was handed to me. The view is a spectacular vista of a parking lot, but really, did you expect the Grand Tetons? A couple of things to be aware of: the location, while close and convenient to the airport, is NOT within walking distance of ANYTHING, including FOOD. Your late-night choices are pizza and wings delivered. And if you crave a cold beer (or any other alcohol) after a long journey, best to have the taxi stop at a convenience store, because you won't find it here, and nobody delivers. So, those caveats aside, I would stay here again - it is what it is, and it's a good value.

Room Tip: 221 is spacious and close to the central desk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel. I am very happy that we exceeded your expectations with our service. I am very proud of our team and will be sure to share this with them. We look forward to serving you again should your travels return you to our area.

General Manger

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked a room for 2 nights to enjoy the January 1'st in San Antonio and unfortunately I chose this very bad hotel. What I saw in the pictures was a room with refrigerator and other simple equipment which normally exists even in cheap hotels, but this was not true when they gave me my room. The beds were very uncomfortable, there was not any refrigerator or tea maker or... in the room. The worse thing in the room was the fact that the room had a door which could connect 2 rooms together and there was a dog in the other room that continuously kept barking and it was so bad that we could not sleep. When we asked the reception to fix this problem the only thing that he said was: I am sorry about that but we are pet friendly!
It seems that we booked a room in a pet hotel ! I am so disappointed and will never book a room in Red roof inn. Hope TripAdvisor change the policy for this kind of behavior.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Ali h

Thank you for taking the time to write about your concerns that you had with our hotel during your visit to San Antonio. I am very sorry that it was noisy and that our pet owners did not respond in a timely manner. I do understand that this was an inconvenience for you and would like you to contact me personally so that we may discuss this further. Again I apologize and do hope that you will give us another chance to win back your faith in our brand.