“Good experience”

Ranked #156 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Austin, Texas
“Good experience”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Clean Hotel, conveniently located, good attention by personnel.
The Hotel is located in a quiter Street very close to airport, I-410, I-281, San Pedro Av. and to a distinctive bussiness district with all kind f amenities.

Room Tip: Corner suites are comfortable and sunny.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review and traveler tips. The inn is in a great location. Centrally located for easy navigation to the River Walk, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, the San Marcos outlet malls, and the Circuit of the Americas racetrack in Austin.

I look forward to your future visits to San Antonio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while staying in San Antonio for my son's graduation. I loved the fact that it was pretty much across the road from the San Antonio airport. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was average, reasonably priced, and clean but did have a strange odor (like that of mildew or staleness). The staff gave me a hotel spray which pretty much took care of that. Good hotel for a one or two night stay, but I don't think I would stay longer than that.

• Stayed June 2013
Kathleen T, Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
September 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It not only will help other travelers pick a hotel, but will help us be better, especially with the room odors that are a problem in all hotels. The hotel has a great staff that truly enjoys their job and good, clean rooms at very competitive prices.

I hope you will choose Red Roof Inn for your future travels.
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I really enjoyed our stay. We stayed 3 nights & the room was very clean & quiet. Although the hotel does not have breakfast or a pool, it makes up for it! Its close to restaurants, fancy ones & affordable ones. Close to many malls & clubs, as well as 10 mins away from Downtown! The staff was very friendly, the guy that was there at night even looked up and recommended clubs for us to go to & romantic outings for us! I will definitely be staying there again!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor at the very end & it was very calm & quiet. The people staying...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank so much for the wonderful review. We are centrally located to the major sites in San Antonio. The River Walk, the Pearl Brewery, SeaWorld, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and the Tanger Outlets are all a quick drive away. I hope you tried Texas Land & Cattle Steakhouse and Pappadeaux Seafood Restaurant while you were here. These are only a couple of fine dining restaurants in the neighborhood.

I hope you will choose Red Roof Inns for your future travels.
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My recent stay at this hotel was great! Staff was very nice and management answered my questions about previous reviews. Booking online in advance saved me 20% per night saved and $40 per night compared to other hotels less than a mile away. The bed was very comfortable after a long hot day at the amusement park. Maintenance forgot to remove their tools when changing a light bulb in the room ... I just put it outside the room and maintenance apologized....anything I was upset about because I forget stuff more than the average person....It happens. If you have kid(s) or adult who like to swim like my niece I brought with me this is not the place for you because it doesn't have a pool. I would stay here again and allow my brother to take his own child on vacation.

• Stayed July 2013
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing your great experience with others. We take a great deal of pride in providing a clean comfortable room at a resonable price. We are centrally located within 20 minutes of the River Walk, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and SeaWorld.

We certainly hope to see you again on your next trip to San Antonio.
Louisiana
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Check in staff very friendly. Hotel was clean and keep up on the outside. We had two rooms. The rooms were clean, TV's were nice, and bed was comfortable. No refrigerators or microwaves. A/C worked great. Have an elevator. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank faye1630
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I will be sure to share your experience with our staff. I know that they will be happy to see that we gave you a great stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time you are in San Antonio!
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The rooms were tiny with no amenities and the other guests were a cross between odd and just plain scary. The staff were friendly enough, but we had to ask for everything, even things that are normally provided in hotel rooms. This hotel was grossly misrepresented in their commercials and web site. We will never stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Colleenohagan1
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for the review. I apologize that you feel that this property is misrepresented online. It is not our intention to mislead anyone. Red Roof Inn is an economy brand that prides itself on providing basic, clean rooms and great service in the hospitality industry. We do offer our Superior King rooms that offer microwave, mini-fridge, and coffee maker for only $10 more per night.

I hope that you will choose Red Roof Inn in the future when you are looking for an economy hotel.
Dallas
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I never thought I would be saying this...
In spite of an arduous experience at a nearby city's Red Roof Inn, I found this location decent, clean, fairly priced, and entirely adequate to my very limited purposes in the airport area of San Antonio. A crucial factor was the desk clerk's (Carlos') quick offer of an upgrade to a queen-size room from my booking of a room with two doubles. What a difference it makes when staff are friendly and helpful, as was the case during my brief stay!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review. The staff works hard to provide a friendly and clean environment for all of our guests. I will show this review to all of the staff and especially Carlos. I hope you will stay with us when your future travels bring you to San Antonio.