“Amazing everything!”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #161 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I only stayed here over night because they had free shuttle to the airport and the room was super cheap. I was expecting it to be a run down Motel time of place. I was wrong. The front desk manager was amazing! He was so friendly, even helped me cut open a plastic container that I had purchased from Best Buy. The room was huge with a great desk. The room was newly renovated and was cute and cold, just how I like it. The ac worked great. I didn't have any issues at all with hotel, I literally had a better stay here than I did at other hotels that are labeled as superior plus or whatever...I would definitely go back next time I go to the airport, I wouldn't stay there for leisure only because there is not much around that is easy to get to. The location is just in a weird spot. All in all, no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StephnV
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for the great review. The new rooms are very comfortable. The courtesy airport shuttle is a nice convenience for the air traveler. I am happy that you enjoyed your short stay and hope that you will stay with us in the future when flying out of San Antonio.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff went out of their way to move us to another room even thou we did not think it was necessary when we experienced a minor problem with the bathroom.

This is the experience I have always had at this hotel. The staff is always ready to help in whatever way they can at all hours of the day or night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 15, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. Good comments are especially meaningful when they come from a guest that stays here often. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Im not going to lie and say that the stay was flawless but I am big on customer service and in my opinion this trumps a minor issue or two that I had.

John made check in simple and painless. Nadia took me to to get something for dinner as I drive a truck and cant move it after I have stopped for the night. At checkout Dan was very nice and professional as well. All three took the time to just BS for a minute or two making me feel like they were happy that I was staying there.

As far as the room goes, when I got there I sat on the bed to take my shoes off. The mattress collapsed as if there was nothing inside. I checked the other side of the bed and it was ok. I did wake up the next morning with a back ache as the mattress wasnt very comfortable.

The only other issue was the inside of the lid to the ice bucket was pretty dirty. Other than this I felt the room was clean and comfortable.

One last thing is if you are looking for breakfast, keep on looking. I am on the road an average of 2-4 nights a week and stay in a lot of different motels. I think this is the first motel that I havent seen at least some stale pastries or something. All they had to offer was coffee (YUK!!!).

All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Red Roof Inn and will be staying here again if I need a room while in San Antone.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FtWorthChuck
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I appreciate the review of your stay. My apologies for bed and the ice bucket lid. I will endeavor to ensure that these are not issues in the future. Dan, Nadia, Carlos and the rest of the team will enjoy seeing your comments. I look forward to your future stays at Red Roof Inn.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Recently needed to fly to Ca. The cost of a shuttle would had been much more from the NW SA area then parking at the airport or several of the long term parking lots outside of the airport. The day before my flight I happen to remember that in Ca many of the Airport Hotels offer "Park and Fly", meaning the Hotel allows a guest to leave their car in their Parking lot up to two weeks and most having excellent security. So after finding a hotel in SA which is the only Hotel offering I could find, I did that math. No brainier. For less then 20.00 more I could be minutes from the Airport in a comfortable room knowing the Hotel Shuttle service would a assure a on time arrival for my flight so long as I furnished the proper time & my car in a guarded area. When I arrived I was greeted by a desk clerk, Carlos, a friendly professional gent that painlessly checked me in within minutes. No restaurants in the immediate area but Carlos pointed the way which prove easy to find within 4-5 minutes. Fast food to specialty restaurants. I have read many of the other reviews and personally did not find the complaints mentioned fair and even some totally unjustified compared to my observation. Frankly one has to weed out the truth cause some people are just normally a pain in the....

My room was extremely clean & comfortable. No musty smells of this, that and so on. Modern, w/40" screen, desk w/fast WIFI, refig, micro, nice furniture, carpet very clean & felt good to walk on with bare feet, bathrooms and towels spotless, the mattress very comfy w/inviting bedding and comfy pillows (It's my understanding mattresses and bedding where recently replaced). All & all the layout of the room, amenities and color scheme is that of most 3 star hotels.

When I arrived back to SA I called the Hotel hoping they'd pick me up to deliver me back to my car rather then take a costly taxi. A young lady, Nadia in a professional manner told me she would be there in 7-8 minutes. WRONG!!!, it was in about about 5 minutes. I would had been delighted if it had been 15 minutes. Exhausted from the flight, the thought of a cocktail swirled around my head. Being a 63 year old man I was ready to collapse. Nadia's warm friendly greeting seem like that of an old friend which gave me a second wind. She wasted no time getting me to my car carefully so I could meet a priority goal, get home, sip a tasty cocktail and collapse.

My decision to "Park and Fly" proved out to be a excellent non-stressing idea & decision. Anytime I fly out I know where I'll stay. I recommend it to everyone and intend to pass it on to friends & business associates. Thanks Red Roof Inn Airport front desk staff, shuttle service, housekeepers and safe place to park my car.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your great review. The newly renovated rooms, with new beds, are very comfortable, but I am most proud of the team. I will be sure to especially share your comments with Carlos and Nadia. I hope you will stay with us in the future when you need accommodations near the airport.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

6/21/2012
Booked hotel because I was arriving very late sight unseen but the outside looked ok. Arrived around 1:30 a.m.to a very frazzled front desk agent with my spouse and parents and was given a room on the 1st floor next to lobby with a note on the door that would be swapping mattresses in the morning. We were awakened to a loud pounding on the door at 8:00 a.m. sharp. My mother opens the door and someone begins to say we need to leave the room now and allow up to 4 hours for them to swap the mattresses. My mom explains someone is sick and we need time and we arrived very late and are still sleeping. The lady began to argue with my mother...how rude!!!! I later found out this was the general manager. We asked if maybe if she could start with another room, like maybe a vacant one because clearly this dump was not sold out. She continued to argue so we closed the door and locked and told her good luck....We left at check out time. Will never set foot on this property and I advise you to do the same!!!
P.S. the batroom was scary. the drain is the tub was open, no covering and looked like something would crawl up into the tub

Room Tip: Find a different hotel
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ChristalBall
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for giving me another opportunity to appologize for the great inconvenience that we caused. I am deeply sorry that you were placed in a room that was scheduled to have the mattresses changed out that morning. I would be pleased with the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I look forward to your call.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

After being recently converted to a 'non-smoking' hotel, which I was not aware of, it was obvious they did not take the time to rid the rooms of the 'dirty ashtry' smell. I checked in at 12:45am and was given a room with two beds. Upon opening the door the smell of dirty ashtray's hit me like a brick wall. I needed to use the restroom so I went in and there was urine all over the seat of the toilet. I went to the front desk and explained the issue. He put me in another room. Upon opening that door the smell again hit me like a brick wall. I immediately went back to the front desk and he put me in another room. It was a handicap room which I had no problem with. When I went into the restroom or near it I could see muddy footprints all over the tile floor. By now it's 1:00/1:15am and I'm tired, disgusted, and frustrated. I went back to the front desk and requested a cancellation and my money back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 24, 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. The footprints in the bathroom of the third room is definitely a training opportunity that I have addressed. Regarding the smoke smell in the rooms, I have visited those particular rooms and do smell a slight remnant of paint in the rooms, which is just as irritating as smoke. The renovation is complete and this should not be a problem in the future. We are 100% smoke free. I hope you will consider giving Red Roof Inns another chance in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I live in Brady Tx and we have used this hotel twice!! Each time we were treated with respect and promped service. Nadia the young lady working customer service was very nice and when my wife landed at the airport she was very promp picking her up and later that evening she took us to a restaurant and came back and picked us up. Not sure when we will be flying out of San Antonio again but this is the hotel we will use everytime.

Room Tip: rooms on second floor are nice and have all you need to stay comfortable!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you for posting such a glowing review. I am happy that we were able to provide transportation to a nearby restaurant with our airport shuttle. We try to provide this extra service when available. I will be sharing your comments with Nadia and the other members of the team. Thank you for choosing to stay with Red Roof Inn when flying out of San Antonio.