“Excellent service & value”

Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
Ranked #165 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I chose this hotel solely on the location & value. I was pleasantly surprised by the large, nicely decorated & very clean room. Even more important, the beds were very comfortable. The grounds were well-maintained and I felt safe taking a brisk morning walk in the area.
Linda, the front desk representative, gave me great directions to every place I wanted to go and arranged transportation to the airport for me. She had a great smile for everyone and truly seemed to enjoy her position. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for your kind words. It always feels good to receive good reviews. I look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inns.

Kathleen Trindade

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I checked out a few other hotels before I decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn. Thanks to Carlos, the front desk agent, he made my stay there stress free and enjoyable. His knowledge of the city made it easier for me get around town, shop and dine! Carlos also recommended the suite to me, which I would suggest for anyone that's going to be in the area for a long period of time or just wants a nice clean and professional experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the Suite
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Kathleen T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Thank you, Megan, for the glowing review. I will show Carlos your wonderful comments. Red Roof Inns is proud of the great people we have working for us.

Have a fabulous day,

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Checked in to Red Roof Inn in San Antonio Texas near the airport. We were late, tired hungry and lost!!. Dan took care of all of the above and OFFERED a late check out as well!!!. outstanding service and our room was HUGE complete with a work area desk. We were pleasantly surprised and grateful for all that Dan and Red Roof provided for us. Thank You!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had 12 hour layover in San Antonio and decided I would book the SA Airport Red Roof Inn for the location and the shuttle service. Upon arrival I called the Inn and was told there was no shuttle but the desk clerk John said hail a taxi, bring a receipt and he would reimburse me. So I hailed a taxi and of the whole 12 hour stay at the hotel the taxi driver taking me there as so disgruntled he had to take me 2 miles. The hotel is basic and caters to the quick overnight traveler. I would not stay there if on vacation to San Antonio but for a quick turn and burn thru San Antonio I would stay again. By the way, there was no shuttle in the morning but Linda called a taxi and this time the taxi driver was great.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our hotel. We are happy to hear that our team was able to assist you with your transportation to and from our property. Our property does offer a shuttle service for our travelers and will happily pay for taxi service if our driver is not on property when the service is needed. We do apologize for the disgruntled taxi driver that you encountered but pleased to hear that your return driver was in a much better disposition. Again thank you for your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We found the staff, particularly Linda to be excellent. We had a problem with the toilet when we first arrived and Linda made sure we got another room immediately. The General Manager Sung Park was at the desk when we checked out. He asked if we had any problems. He wanted to ensure that we had a good stay. I would return to this Red Roof when I am in San Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveler7080
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Red Roof Inn San Antonio Airport. Our entire team is happy that you enjoyed your stay in the Alamo City! We also noticed that you encountered some issues that we truly apologize for and appreciate you bringing to our attention so we were able to ensure you had a great stay. We thank you for the review and look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2011

Our flight was diverted to San Antonio due to bad weather. The airline put us up in a hotel...we had no choice in the matter unless we wanted to pay for it out of our pocket. So, this is where we ended up. We get there along with 30-40 others from our flight and there is one (1) person working to check people in. So, you can imagine how long this took. Absolutely disgusting is the only words I can find. We walk in our room and it was filthy. There was dirt and trash all over the floor. I went into the bathroom and immediately stopped and backed up because there were dead roaches on the floor. In the meantime, my fiance pulled back the bedspread and a bug ran out from underneath. I have never stayed in a hotel that was so gross!! It was 4:00 a.m. by the time they got us in a room and we had to leave at 7:00 a.m. to be back at the airport. Needless to say, no sleep was had!! Everyone I spoke to that was on our flight said the exact same thing about their room. I don't normally write reviews, but I wouldn't allow my dog to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns about your visit to our hotel. Our property takes any and all comments good or bad very seriously. I would like to apologize for the length of time that it took to check you in, as it was a surprise to you that you were being rerouted we understand that delays can be taxing and regret we added to the stress. The conditions of your room is not one we want repeated and have already passed this information to our housekeeping staff and used your review as a learning tool so that future guest will not have the same experience. We would like to extend an invitation to return so that you may see the improvements to our property.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

The room was very small which would have been OK except for other problems. The bathtub was dirty on the bottom, the bed was very stiff, we found garbage under the bed, and the shower cutains were too short causing water to flood the bathroom floor. When we checked in the boy at the desk was not able to answer any simple questions and was far more interested in watching the TV in the lobby. The next morning, I spoke with a lady at the desk about the distance to Padre Island from Corpus Christi. She told us it was five hours south (which would be Mexico). We found out later it was acutally part of Corpus Christi and was a 20 minute drive off of the main land. Also, the computer in the lobby required a credit card to acess the internet. Overall, too many different problems to stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
spark5683, General Manager at Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your concerns about your stay at our property, we are truly sorry that you were given a room in that condition and would never expect anyone to be any less upset than you were. I have taken this response to our staff and used it as a learning tool for them so they can better understand that all experiences at our property are important to us good or bad. Our number one goal is 100% customer satisfaction and we sincerely apologize for you not feeling this way. We apologize for the misunderstanding of the driving instructions it does take three and a half hours to drive without any stops and it is south of our city. We usually give our guest maps so that they may see that with gas or food stops and sightseeing it could be a 5 hour drive. We will print this review up so that our employees can see how important it is to print up a map for our guest. Our property has free internet access and you were charged for the use of the computer not the internet and do apologize for this confusion. Again we would like to thank you for posting your concerns and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you again in the future so that you may see the improvements since your departure.