“Great bang for the buck”

SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Northwest
Ranked #124 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Another good offering from the Marriott chain; this is a pretty good, extended-stay hotel
with spacious rooms and a good breakfast buffet. There's also a mini kitchen in the room (and a Target nearby for some late night shopping ;-)). No complaints about service and/or the cleanliness of the place. Pretty close to I-10 and a few miles north of downtown SA/riverwalk.
Recommended.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Wannabeplaces,
Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay here with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are very lucky to have such a great location that is central to all San Antonio has to offer. We are 15-20 minutes from Seaworld, Sixflags, and Airport. Becuase we are conveniently located by I-10 and NW 410, we are just 10 minutes from downtown. We hope to have you as our guest again on your next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

I hadn't stayed in a SpringHill Suites in years, so I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into my room during my visit to San Antonio for Oyster Bake/Fiesta. The room had a great modern feel to it. The bed and pillows made falling asleep easier than normal for me (which was surprising since the interstate is so close by). The quality of the room and the convenience of everything nearby, I will definitely be staying here at this hotel again when visiting San Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Juanita F, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Antonio Medical Center/Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

GilbertM,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had to make this trip due to a family members critical illness which ultimately ended with her passing during our stay. The staff at this particular SpringHill Suites location was extremely understanding, helpful, and compassionate during the course of our stay and made our stay experience wonderful under the circumstances.
I would highly recommend this property if you are planning a trip to the Medical Center and even if you're not regardless of the purpose of the trip. It is a nice, extremely clean and well maintained property with nice updated urban decor and furnishings with a handy location and easy to get in and out of.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

CaptTom55,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that our team was able to make your stay comfortable. We hope to have you as our guest again under better circumstances.

Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Was clean, comfortable and quiet!! The staff was very friendly and helpful, would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012

Sisterboo,
Thank you for your nice words about your stay. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I had a business trip near the San Antonio medical center. While part of me wanted to stay downtown, I realized it would be more convenient to stay closer to the med center. The location, right on Loop 410 was very convenient from the airport. The staff were very friendly and the room was fine. The wifi internet connection worked well and the breakfast buffet was fine. When business was over, it was very convenient to just hop onto I-10 and drive downtown to visit the San Antonio Museum of Art, shop at the Mercado and roam the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Wanderer33,
Thank you for your feedback about our location. I am glad to hear that we were conveniently located for all the activiites you had scheduled. We look forward to being your hotel of choice on our next visit to San Antonio.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Recently I had to go to San Antonio on business and decided to stay near UTSA where my son goes to college. I took care of business during the day and then was able to have dinner with my son after his college classes were over for the day. The Springhill Suites hotel was in between the two so it was a natural choice. This hotel is next to a small mall and a Target both of which came in handy for gifts. I walked to both retailers. There is also a movie theater and a couple of restaurants that my wife enjoyed while I was working. Regarding the hotel staff, they were great all around including giving me directions to various places around the hotel (bank, phone company, etc.), letting my wife check in early so she could settle in and suggesting close by restaurants to treat my son to. The hotel although not new was in great condition. The lobby and rooms were clean, in good repair and pleasant to look at. All of the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Stayed at Springhill Suites for a week during remodeling project at our home nearby. We literally "moved in". Not to worry there are numerous outlets and tabletops for everyone charging cellphones, cameras, computers, etc.... Bar area with microwave and refrigerator was great for movie night! Target being next door was really convenient. All the staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful....coffee 24/7...delish breakfast in the morning and yummy cookies in the evening. Love the newly remodeled look....fresh and clean in cool greens and blues. All our friends and family, who need their own space when visiting, stay here now with Tracey and Juanita...it's literally our home away from home with extra pampering!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family