“Tortillas and Margaritas, what more could you ask for!”
Review of Lupe Tortilla

Lupe Tortilla
Ranked #204 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Arrived here after an afternoon on the golf course. Chips were light and crisp, hot sauce and bean dip was nourishing, and the margaritas were cold. Largest tortillas I have ever seen. By the time our wives arrived to join us we were so full that we took most of our mealie ordered home with us for another day. I will be back!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Luoe Tortilla (281 near Stone Oak) ruined our niece's 25th birthday party. We had a large party, but called ahead and were told they should be able to accommodate us. We arrived about 6:45 pm. After 2 hours of waiting and continually being assured that it would be just a few more minutes, many of the party finally had to leave - elderly grandparents and infant just couldn't wait any longer. During the whole time, we were never offered a snack or even a glass of water. As we were leaving, a large party that had 4 tables pushed together got up and left. We asked about getting that area and were told no - they had to break up the tables. Seriously!?! The ones who did stay said it was almost another hour later (so 3 hour wait) before they were seated. The manager didn't even bother to stop by to apologize. Our poor niece was in tears. We will never set foot in a Lupe Tortilla ever again.

2  Thank Texas78260
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We sat outside on the first of September in 90-degree weather, but the breeze was blowing and the fans were on. It was comfortable. There is a nice water-feature and also a large fire pit for the cooler weather. They are apparently known for their lime margaritas and also their fajitas. My husband said the margarita was good, but he'd had better. I got a gin/tonic and it was fine. Husband said his beef enchiladas were good and also his taco and tamale. I got the stacked enchiladas which were very good and the portion sizes were quite decent without being huge. We also had the tableside guacamole which was also very good. The tortilla chips are exceptionally good as they are thin and crispy. Prices were moderate. Our bill came to around $52 for the food I described and I should mention that my husband had 2 margaritas. The down side was the service was slow......friendly but slow.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This place reminds me a lot of Pappasitos, but they school every TexMex restaurant when it comes to steak fajitas. The beef is marinaded in lime and it is just so delicious. I highly recommend this place. We often go out of our way to eat here.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

So after ALOT of searching, I FINALLY found a place with GOOD fajitas in San Antonio. I've followed alot of reviews to alot of different places and I have been let down time and time again. I was starting to lose hope in San Antonio and in reviews. UNTIL TODAY. I found the reviews for Lupe Tortilla and they were pretty consistent about the fajitas being good, so we gave it a try. It was a pretty good drive there which we weren't expecting, but it was TOTALLY worth it.

The restaurant itself is really well put together, nice decor, beautiful setting.
The service was great, our waitress was really friendly and helpful and two of the chefs even came out to each table to see how the food was, I was impressed with that. What I was MORE impressed with was the FOOD.

To start, they brought out a basket of thin and crispy tortilla chips and three different salsa/dips. One was the basic salsa, kinda sweet, not spicy. One was a DELICIOUS lightly salty pica de gallo salsa. VERY yummy. The last was like a bean dip. It was VERY good. With these, we didn't even need or want an appetizer.

We ordered the Fajita Barbacoas which is mixed fajitas, honey chipotle ribs and jalapeno sausage. I am not a rib or sausage girl, but my partner is... BUT I have to say...the ribs AND sausage were DELICIOUS. The ribs were fall off the bone tender, a little sweet, a little spicy, they were delicious. The sausage was extremely flavorful and not too spicy. Perfect. The fajita meat was delicious. The meat was tender, flavorful and just yummy. Yes... I just said yummy.
The tortillas are very different then what I'm use to having. They are HUGE, thin and really good. I thought with them being so thin they would get hard, nope.

All together I would give this five stars. Service, atmosphere, food. We even ended up getting the Mexican Express (their rewards card) because we know we will be back.

If you're a fajita lover and a foodie like us.... ya can't go wrong here.