“Superb Mexican cuisine”

Cascabel Mexican Patio
Ranked #246 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Superb Mexican cuisine”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Delightful small place with a patio where we had breakfast. I told my granddaughter that I could eat breakfast here every day. The walls are covered with customers statements, good wishes and poems. The service was great, and if lived in San Antonio, I would eat there regularly.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sigifredo S

Argyle, Texas
“Enjoyed our lunch”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Very different from Tex-Mex! Our server said that this was more authentic and that it was representative of the south of Mexico. No chips to start with but a nice complimentary cup of soup. We had tlacoyos and puerco del Cascabel. They were quite good: well prepared, fresh tasting, and not nearly as heavy as Tex-Mex can be. The restaurant was about a 15 minute walk from our Riverwalk hotel.

• Visited August 2013
Indialantic, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect spot in King William district”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Go for a tour in King William district and then hit this spot for lunch! Sit outside has a very authentic look of Mexico and wait till you taste the food. We had the steak hurachas and chicken mole. Seriously the best Mole I have ever had and the Steak was perfectly seasoned. The family is wonderful I even took tortillas home on the plane with me the next day. Don't miss it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HenrysMomma
“Very good.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Food was very good, service was just okay though. Great location. Prices were average. Would not go back just because of the service.

Visited June 2012
Texas
“Real Mexican Food not TexMex”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First - super patio! Even though you're right off a busy street you don't feel it.
Second - really good Mexican food. Having lived in MX for awhile, I know good authentic MX food when I taste it. I'm a native Texan so I appreciate TexMex food. But I also enjoy true Mexican food. Sopa de fideo to start; nopalito salad; torta....all excellent. Plus, you can bring your own beer. Be aware though, they are only open until 3pm. Casual, tasty and fun - right in the center of town!

• Visited March 2013