“Great Getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My boyfriend and I stopped in San Antonio on our way back from Corpus Christi. This hotel was great very nostalgic. We were on the river and able to walk to all the shopping and dining. The room was good our favorite was the balcony it was romantic to finish our evening on the balcony with a night cap. The breakfast bar was worth it there were many choices and the waitstaff was very attentive. I would recommend this hotel for a romantic night away.

Room Tip: A balcony room is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Celeste D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
Marshall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had the best time here! Everybody treated us with cheerfulness . Our room had a very nice view and was clean and comfortable . The bar and swimming pool was great we will be back soon with more time, thanks to all staff!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Butch1958apache
Duncanville, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I spent the last three days at this wonderful hotel. Frank Regalado took good care of us. While there I met Debbie , Corey , Ben and Alberto in the bar area and all of them treated us special. We will be back in October or November with hopes of staying with you again.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious , they also have good work areas if you are there on business. the night floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank lakers84
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Hotel seemed very nice but a little older upon walking in the front. When we got in our room, we had been told we had river view, we actually had nothing but bushes and trees. The room smelled like mildew and dirty water. It was so humid that my clothes and the sheets on the bed felt moist. The room was tiny, there was barely enough room for just two of us and our luggage. I was double charged for our bar tab, and was told there was nothing they could do when I called about it. The walk to the restaurants on the river walk was about a 30 minute walk. Not the place you want to be if you don't like walking, and it seemed to be on the bad side of downtown. We didn't feel safe walking on the riverwalk back to the hotel that night. And parking is $18. Very overpriced. I will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked a hotel room through hotels.com.. I arrived at the hotel on Aug 2nd 2014, When the front desk associate found my reservation in the system, They advised that on July 14th my Room was Relocated by Expidia. The Hotel rejected my online reservation for 1 night and did not let hotels .com or I know what they did. They did this due to Comic Con and WWE event was at the Convention Center that weekend, and they rented my room at a higher Rate to another traveler.. This left me stranded to find a new hotel room .. All hotels were booked already ... The front Desk associates did nothing to help me find a Room , or Did they care. I did call hotel.com and spoke with them , they did not do anytime type of Relocation of the reservation on July 14th. in the system they were showing it was all good to go and I should have had a room.. Do not trust this hotel.. They cancel your reservation in their system if you have a good rate. They also advised I was the 4th person that day . that this happen to. I will never stay at this hotel again. They Management on phone even told Hotels .com that the room was relocated which was a total lie. Run from this place, and get left with no room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank greg g

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I just came back from a five day family trip to San Antonio. This hotel is good and affordable though I wouldn't rate it a 3 star more like a 2 1/2. Checked in and the air conditioning in room didn't work, had to switch rooms. But other than that good stay. Pool is open late that was an upside and 10 min walk from main riverwalk area. Cost for parking is $18.00 a day, out of hotel parking is very close. Good and affordable hotel for families on a budget...

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gardea j
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Hospitality was very poor. We were told several locations were within walking distance when they were actually very far to walk. Not to mention the weather temp index was over 100 degrees. The employees at the front desk were rude. The bell boys and the valet were extremely friendly and helpful.

We asked for towels etc on more than one occasion. They would give you 1-2 washcloths/towels as is they were being rationed.

We had two rooms. One had a refrigerator and one did not. The refrigerator had a yucky smell. We also asked for adjoining rooms since our children were with us but did not get them. One of our rooms had an adjoining room but they said it was occupied.

The bar/bartenders were very professional. We did see a large dead roach near the bar :((

The hotel is not in the busy area of the Riverwalk but the advertising makes it look like it is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family