“Thrilled with Housekeeping, the Fitness center, and location!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel

You added El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel to your Saves list
El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   110 Lexington Ave, San Antonio, TX 78205-1313 (East Side)   |
Special Offer
Savings + Breakfast for 2
Ranked #128 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Thrilled with Housekeeping, the Fitness center, and location!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed at El Tropicano recently when visiting colleges for my daughter. It was a great bargain, very comfortable, and the breakfasts were nice. I especially enjoyed the fitness center as it contains lots of equipment and has very nice private shower facilities. On Sunday morning my daughter took a walk along the river walk, which is situated immediately behind the hotel. It was awesome! Lastly, I left a valuable (monetarily and in sentimentality) charm bracelet in the room when I left. I thought that I would never see it again… Their wonderful staff had turned it in and it was quickly FEDEX’d to my home. Great experience all around!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Tim R, General Manager at El Tropicano Riverwalk Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your stay with us. Museum Reach is the perfect area to take a walk and take in the newest part of the Riverwalk. I am glad you are back in possession of your bracelet, our housekeepers are the best!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

For a simple hotel that was a decent price and a very good location this place did the job. If I were to stay longer I would want thicker walls as I could hear everybody in the rooms around us. It is basic but you can't beat being able to walk across the street and be on the river walk for a price less than $100.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
As a senior contributor to Trip Advisor I always put alot of stock in your feedback. Thank you for telling me about your experience and I am glad you were able to enjoy beautiful Museum reach area of the Riverwalk.
Best, Tim
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Wall were a little thin but the rooms were very comfortable. Great breakfast! Need to fix the pool heater and need more parking but other than that it was a great hotel! We would stay here again! Great value for your stay!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel but I apologize the pool heater was not working. We were in the process of running new plumbing to the pool and the good news is that project has been completed and the pool feels great. Let me know when you are returning so I can get you a special rate due to the inconvenience.
Hayden Lake, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The lobby and public areas of this hotel are very nicely done and the location right on the river made it extremely easy to walk or take the water taxi to the cental riverwalk area. While I am always happy to stay at an older hotel with some character, it is unfortunate that the rooms had some real problems. The first room we were given had an incredibly acrid smell from some repairs they had done, the next room was much smaller, had a torn bedskirt, badly chipped woodwork and someone elses makeup peeking out from under the bed. The hallway of the third floor had the same debris in the corners and along the walls for the 3 days we were there. When we checked out, they were very nice about comping the parking since we had several problems, but they charged our friends the full room rate, rather than the rate we had gotten on line. They then credited the correction for him back to my credit card rather than his. Everyone was very pleasant through all this and really tried to be helpful but I spent too much time trying to get a decent room with the correct charge. The breakfast buffet was out of everything at 9AM and required several requests to get it replenished. Once that was done, they had a pretty good selection of things.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I picked this hotel based on a special deal, had I not had the deal, I would have been very disappointed. The first room they offered us was tiny, we could hardly get our luggage in however they quickly moved us to a better room. It is right on the riverwalk, some rooms have a river view, others a pool view, perhaps some a parking lot ? We were unimpressed by the look of breakfast so walked a few blocks to Lulu's, Highly recommend their breakfast. I think i was dreaming of a more of a theme. The music in lobby and elevators was indeed latino, there was an attractive array of art deco phones but that was where the theme appeared to end. All very dated, but not in a cool way. After walking around town for a while I got more disappointed. There are better looking aged theme hotels, there are many hotels on the riverwalk.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

The room dirty house keeping did a bad job. The Bar Restaurant and coffee shop very bad. Did not have good selection, bar tender did not know how to make a drink food greasy. Coffee shop person could no multitask. River walk not what is advertised. Need to be downtown . Off beaten path. Much better hotels in town by real restaurant and bars. Not a friendly staff. Will not be back.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Mercer Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I feel like I got a great deal for a 2 beds, breakfast and parking. It was a little bit of a walk to the main part of the Riverwalk but I didn't mind because this part of town was cleaner, quieter and safer. When I was ready to join the crowds, it was just a 15 minute walk, which was a great way to walk off all the great food I was eating. The retro decor was fun and bright. The staff was all really friendly and helpful. I would definitely return.

Meow meow meow meow meow!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family