“What a Rip Off” 1 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“What a Rip Off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2012

My friends and I went on this tour last night. What a rip off. I feel like an absolute fool for not checking the review of this before I went. This guy, Martin Leal, is a con artist. This is neither a "ghost hunt," as the literature claimed, nor a ghost tour (i.e., where you walk around and hear stories about ghost sitings/experiences). Instead what we did was listened to Martin Leal tell one offensive, sexist story after another -- and not all of them were remotely related to paranormal anything.

Just when I'd think that he was about to tell a serious story about a ghost experience, the tale he began would veer off into the crude. I was hoping that the fact that people had generally started looking at him stone-faced when he'd tell one of these stories would stop him from telling another. It didn't.

The tour was supposed to last about 90 minutes. After an hour, I told him I was done. He had to know that I was just disgusted.

Just to clarify, I didn't expect to find ghosts. And I wouldn't have even minded being lied to about ghost sitings. I went for the experience -- kind of like you go to a scary movie. You know it's not real, but the story is fun. His stories were not fun or funny. And more often than not, they had nothing to do with the paranormal.

I hope no one is as stupid as me and goes on this tour without reading reviews. That is the only way to put this guy out of business.

Visited February 2012
5 Thank Oneida67

Brownsville, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“ghost hunt a rip off and lame stories”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Visited San Antonio, TX this past weekend. Had contacted Martin Leal for ghost tour, was quick to take money even when we lied about our ages and just paid 5 dollars for each person. He started off with his lame jokes, no respect for younger children, every guest looked as if they were bored to thier mind. I really do not recommend this guy at all, he tells you more about history than about ghost. I'm even wondering if the history he told was real or not.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank Moises E
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Martin Leal is not friendly has no regards for younger kids.. Not interesting at all, thinks he's a comedian rather than a Ghost tour guide.. Don't waste your money go with J.R. way way way better.

2 Thank lorrielove
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“What everyone is saying is true!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I'm not sure what this was but it was not a ghost tour. Martin's first few jokes were funny but I quickly realized this was a walk around the block with bad jokes and no real history. Our last ghost tour was in New Orleans and I was expecting something like that. I just wish I checked TripAdviser first!

4 Thank gigijones
Magnolia, Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Tourist rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

We've been on several "ghost hunts" in historical areas around the country, and this one was a waste of time and money. The guide made crude suggestive comments to the females on the tour and seemed more interested in scoring with the young ladies than conducting a tour. He thought he was quite the comedian, but his jokes were lame and tiresome. We did not get to handle the ghost hunting equipment as advertised. Save your money and pass this by.

6 Thank Perkypaws