“What everyone is saying is true!”

Alamo City Paranormal - Martin Leal
Ranked #51 of 57 Tours in San Antonio
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“What everyone is saying is true!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I'm not sure what this was but it was not a ghost tour. Martin's first few jokes were funny but I quickly realized this was a walk around the block with bad jokes and no real history. Our last ghost tour was in New Orleans and I was expecting something like that. I just wish I checked TripAdviser first!

4 Thank gigijones

Magnolia, Texas
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Tourist rip off”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2010

We've been on several "ghost hunts" in historical areas around the country, and this one was a waste of time and money. The guide made crude suggestive comments to the females on the tour and seemed more interested in scoring with the young ladies than conducting a tour. He thought he was quite the comedian, but his jokes were lame and tiresome. We did not get to handle the ghost hunting equipment as advertised. Save your money and pass this by.

6 Thank Perkypaws
Corpus Christi, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Hauntings History of San Antonio Ghost Tour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2009

We took this "ghost tour" of downtown San Antonio last week led by Martin Leal. I must say we were quite disappointed overall. The tour takes about an hour and a half beginning at the cenotaph in front of the Alamo at 8:30. I must preface this by saying I have been on various "walking tours" including ghost tours all over the world so maybe my expectations were too high. Martin tried to be entertaining but fell flat as far as I was concerned. The tour for me was more the Martin Leal comedy hour than a real professional tour focusing on the history of the area and the origins of the ghost stories from the many old buildings downtown. There was 80% very poor comedy and 20% interesting information about alleged hauntings and the history behind them. My expectations were for greater depth and explanation of the events that occurred that led to the "hauntings" and specifics about the various people involved. We got little of this and much of the dialogue wasn't even ghost related. The tour ends at the Alamo where you can hang around and use varoius electronic devices to "hunt for ghosts". I'm sorry but I found the entire evening quite lame and cannot recommend it.

7 Thank Gehrig