Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #29 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Lewisville, United States
“Good for the stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel was definitely more than I imagined aesthically when I arrived. It is very bright with colors and decor. I loved the concept. Our suite was clean outside of a "stain" on one of the decorative pillows on the bed. The thermostat worked great also. I appreciated that they have two options to flush (as to conserve energy). The beds were comfortable. For its purpose, this hotel suited me just fine.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you so much for submitting a review. It is much appreciated.

Again, thank you and I hope you come back to see us real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location for walking to most of the downtown attractions. Rooms are modern and really nice - tall ceilings, curtain divider between beds and couch in 2 bed suites, and plenty of space. The kitchenette is the perfect way to save a little money by making some of your own meals, but be aware that no stovetop or oven. You can borrow a hot plate.

The pool is very small, but warm. Plan around other guests. Limited space due to narrow width of building, so no hot tub.

Breakfast was ok. They advertise a lot of choices, but actually pretty limited and got old after a few days. Juices were not very good.

All together a great place to stay for a week of sightseeing. Reasonably priced!

Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review of our property, It is much appreciated.

Have a wonderful day and we look forward to your next stay with us!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed here when it first opened over two years ago and ws back in April--and things are slowly slipping. Panels in the kitchen/desk area were misaligned, and the faucet in the bathroom was loose and moved around. The couch pillows were stretch out. AC made a lot of noise.

Beds are SO comfortable and sheets are amazing. Towels a little rough.

The rolling toaster was broken for our visit and they had one TINY two slot toaster for the entire hotel instead. Orange juice was mostly water every morning. Not good.

Staff is fabulous and friendly.

I would come back for the right price--but the hotel needs to watch itself or it will become worn out and run down quickly.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our property, I can assure you I take all comments very seriously and will look at those areas in question to ensure a better guest experience.

Again, thank you and I hope you have a great day!
Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Nice Hotel...breakfast area is too small and has only 1 2-slice toaster and one waffle toaster...very crowed and disorganized. Could have used the area where dishes are collected to better advantage. Small pool. Nice laundry area and reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review.

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.
Harlingen, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Was one of my best stays ever in San Antonio. There is not one complaint that I could post. We are experienced travelers that been around the world but always return to are favorite city San Antonio. The location is right across from the beautiful Majestic theater.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your wonderful and positive review!

We truly appreciate you sharing your experience.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The hotel is centrally located and attractive. The rooms are very clean and the kitchen and bathrooms in the room are new, and very nice. The breakfast and the coffee are good. The staff is pleasant. That being said, I would not recommend this hotel. As others have noted, the air conditioning is very loud, and I am a person who is not normally sensitive to this kind of noise. I found the mattress to be lumpy and uncomfortable, and the pillows were so bad that I had a neck ache the next morning. But my biggest complaint is that the front desk is understaffed. During my three days there, there was never more than one person at the front desk, which was ridiculous. This person not only has to deal with on-site clients and their issues and requests, but has to answer the phone as well, which is impossible. I actually felt sorry for the nice lady who was stationed there. As a result, the desk just can't get it all done, and it showed. After my neck ache night, I asked if the hotel had softer pillows, and the clerk said yes, and that someone would bring them to my room during the day. When I returned at the end of the day, there were no pillows. I then called to the front desk (twice, since the first time I tried the phone just rang and rang) and they said housekeeping would bring some. After an hour I wanted to go to bed, still no pillows, so I gave up and slept without them. After I returned home, I thought I might have left my glasses in the room. I called first thing the next morning, the desk clerk said she would check with housekeeping and call me back. Nothing. When I called that afternoon I spoke with someone who said the housekeeping staff was gone for the day, but that he would check with them the next morning and send me an e-mail by 9 am. No e-mail. I had to call a third time the day after, and this time the desk clerk put me on hold and checked. I could overlook a lot of this if they didn't have a big sign posted they are going to get it right for you. They did not get it right for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is much appreciated.

I apologize that you had these issues while staying here, We do have 2 people always stationed at the front desk for our guests, so I can assure you I will look into what happened to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I am quite surprised that this happened and again, I apologize.

Have a great week and I hope that despite this less than enjoyable stay you will come back and see us.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Great convenient location walking distance to river walk. Parking fee required. Beautiful exterior and modem interior even though the building is old. Friendly staff. Good size room. Breakfast included and pretty standard. Great value.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your most valued feedback!

We look forward to your next stay with us!