Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #31 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Sherwood, United States
“Business”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The staff is very nice and helpful. The lobby is clean and bright. The workout room is small but very useful. My rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good and the staff keeps the area clean. I love that I can have a short walk to the Riverwalk for dinner. The parking is a little expensive but very easy in and out when needed. The desk staff is will and helpful with the local businesses and takes time to answer any questions I have had. The internet service has been reliable and fast.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to send in a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the staff.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Antonio
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My family and I stayed at this nice bank conversion in the middle of downtown San Antonio. We were greted to a modern lobby with coffee and refreshments. The suite was very pleasant - modern and welcoming. Nice overall hotel. Close to everything. Will stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive review!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Have a wonderful day!
kansas city, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

This Hotel is located at a very convenient location. Only about three blocks from The Alamo and about five from the Convention Center. It is very clean with contemporary design decor. The rooms are very up to date and modern with several comfort amenities of an apartment. Good breakfast and friendly staff! I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to hear you had such a pleasant stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated!

Have a wonderful day and again, thank you.
Port Orange, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Great hotel near the river walk! The staff was very friendly. Excellent large rooms with almost a full kitchen and very clean. Lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance. It is only a few minute walk to the heart of the river walk. You can also walk to the Alamo, which is only a few blocks away. I stay in many hotels very often and would definitely recommend this one. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jennifer M
Thank you so much for your positive review. We enjoyed having you as a guest and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Parker, Texas
Reviewed February 15, 2014

The one time we fail to use the additional door locks… At 3:30am someone opened the door to our room and briefly entered. My wife woke up and pushed me to wake me up. By the time I woke up the door had closed and whoever had opened it had run off. The front desk later rekeyed our door and later left a message that they may have made a mistake and issued our room key to another guest. No comps. Very scary. Be careful no matter where you stay.

BTW, breakfast isn't very good. The coffee stinks. No room safe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I apologize that the front desk made an error and that this occurred. The security of our guests is of the upmost importance to us and again, my apologies.

I can assure you I will share this with my team to avoid this ever happening again in the future, I can also assure you that this was an isolated incident.

Again, thank you.
Houston, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel was clean and the location was great. I will definitely stay here again. The beds were full size beds and they were a bit small, so next time I will request a king bed instead. The hotel was in walking distance from all of the landmarks so it was very easy to get to them without having to move the car everyday. The valet parking was very nice as well. We had no problems getting our car when we were ready to leave.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your positive feedback! We hope that you will visit us again in the near future!

Have a wonderful day and again, thank you!
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Parking costs varied from day to day. Rooms were nice and roomy, beds super nice and comfy. Main complaint was the continental breakfast setup. Slow long line and only one waffle maker that failed to make any non-torn apart waffles... it was a mess and kept the line stuck - No decent egg type meal besides a horrible packaged up muffin with cheese and 2 crumbles of fake egg on top- no bacon or meat- cold hard boiled eggs was all the protein offered. If you like cold cereal and maybe a yogurt this breakfast will work for you. Staff was friendly and location was good. Nice, clean hotel - just needs a decent breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Thank you so much for your feedback. I appreciate that you enjoyed the staff and the beds. I apologize for the issues you had in our breakfast area. I can assure you that we are making changes in the food offerings as well as the space and the way it is configured.

Again, thank you and I hope that we are able to service you in the future,

Have a wonderful day!