“Good, but not excellent”

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #30 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Marietta, GA, United States
“Good, but not excellent”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Hotel had several problems during our stay, but they were resolved, but not immediately until hotel manager became involved. Staff needs to be insructed on better guest relations. One nice thing about this hotel is was located close to the San Antonio Riverwalk and downtown attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

gruiz1, General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Canton, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel was surprisingly inexpensive compared to others on or near the Riverwalk so I was a bit leery. My unease was quickly settled once we entered the lobby - beautiful! The room was equally as beautiful - thoughtfully laid out, clean, decorative, and quiet for a downtown hotel! I'd stay here again in a minute!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a new brand in the Hilton line. It is clean and crisp decor and the staff was helpful with directions or whatever was needed. My room was well appointed, nothing spectacular but what I needed with the exception of lighting. The desk work area has only a desk lamp, no ceiling or floor lamps. Those of us who travel for business and work at those desks at night need more light. Second, I has little to no hot water for showers. I reported this to the front desk and it was not taken care of during my stay. I realize it is an older building they have refurbished but may need a little more attention in this area. Travelers a need hot showers in the morning getting ready for seeing the sites or attending that business meeting.

• Stayed April 2013
Niantic
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to San Antonio for a 40th wedding anniversary and wanted to be near the River Walk. We happened to stay at the Hilton Home2 suites and really enjoyed the stay. The employees were very helpful when asked any questions. They have a free contintental breakfast, which was sufficent. The location is only about 3-4 blocks from the River Walk and very convienent. We just happened to be here during the start of Fiesta week and this was the perfect place to stay. We had friends who stayed in a hotel on the River Walk and indicated it was noisy into the early AM. No problems with noise where we were. If you have a car and do not need to take it in and out more than once or twice per day, I would recommend parking at the self parking garage next door. It is $9 per day with no in-out. the cost after 3 hours is also $9, so if you are going to only take it out once or twice per day, use the self parking. If you plan on frequent in-out usage, then the valet parking may be more reasonable. Valet parking was $23 or $24 per day. Each room has eating utensils, plates, glasses, mugs, refrig, disk washer (not sure about a stove, we never ate in the room). I would highly recommend staying here. The difference in price makes it worth walking the 3-4 blocks to the River Walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rmastrand
Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here during fiesta and it was a very nice hotel. I didn't give it an "excellent" rating only because it was a little noisy with trucks going by (also, with people screaming out our window...but hey, it's fiesta! And besides, that's not the hotels fault!). The room was large, clean and cheap for being downtown at fiesta time. The overall look of the hotel was cute and very well taken care of. The bed was comfortable and clean. We had a kitchenette in our room which was stocked well and if you were staying for an extended period, or with children, you could easily cook some nice meals here. I would stay here again I a heartbeat, I would just bring earplugs next time :)

Room Tip: I would think rooms higher up would be more quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Although the hotel offered some fresh fruit options during continental breakfast, because each room has a full size refrigerator, microwave silverware and glassware, I was able to bring several gluten free items with be to eat and prepare during my business trip while my business associates ate elsewhere. In addition, there is a Mexican Restaurant on Broadway called Paloma Blanca that I did eat at and actually didn't get sick! There is also a Central Market that has GF options also located on Broadway; both 10-15 minutes away from the hotel by car.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

DeputyDan
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My meetings were at a different hotel but the prices were much better here. There is a public parking deck very close by and you can walk to the majority of sights downtown.

I gave a 4 rather than a 5 because the breakfast was poor enough that I purchased something for breakfast while walking to my business location.

The employees were very helpful, the location is excellent, the rooms were clean.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business