“Great hotel near the Riverwalk.”

Home2 Suites by Hilton San Antonio Downtown - Riverwalk
Ranked #31 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Bergen County NJ
“Great hotel near the Riverwalk.”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I really liked this hotel alot.

Staff was extemely friendly and helpful. Rooms and common areas were very modern and looked very well maintained. If you chose to eat in, there was a nice little kitchenette. Great internet service.
Short walk to the riverwalk.

If I had one thing to complain about, the breakfast selection was a little light, well at least for my taste.

Given that, I would definitely consider Home 2 suites if I were to visit this area again. (And I hope too)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for a quick overnight after getting on a very early flight out of SAT the next morning.

The room was an excellent deal for $120 a night.

The hotel is quite new and looks it. Rooms are very kept up as are the common areas.

The front desk staff was very friendly as were the valets who unflinchingly 1) fetched my phone after I left it in my car (running down the street to grab the other valet) and 2) delivering my car to me at 5:15 in the morning.

The location is terrific - near the Alamo, the Riverwalk and lots and lots of restaurants. I highly recommend going to the Palm which is two doors down for the after 9:00 pm bar memu.

My only knock on the place is that my room did not have a tub - shower only. Not sure if this is the norm there, but if you are dying for a bathtub, better be sure to ask for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank itrade
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I had a last minute trip to San Antonio and needed to find a hotel at 9:30pm on a Friday evening. This newest brand of Hilton seemed to fit the bill so I booked it sight unseen from my vehicle. What a surprise- clean, friendly staff and the room was adorable and well-thought out. I don't need a full suite when traveling by myself and the little kitchen area perfectly complemented the *studio* feel of the room. A perfect location on Houston and Navarro, just a block from the river and in the middle of everything. If the rest of this new brand continues along these lines it will become my *go-to* choice - for either business or pleasure. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever and the entire crew was friendly and efficient- I was especially impressed by a young lady named *Alex* who worked the front desk-she was above and beyond with me and everybody else I saw her attending to.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My family (including 2 little ones) loved this place. Location is a block from the Riverwalk. The place was super clean, the staff was friendly, but the room setup was what we loved. Perfect layout if you have kids...including the sound curtain along the beds so that the kids can sleep while we made breakfast in the kitchen. Would highly recommend...and will certainly look to stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Spent 3 nights in early April for a family vacation. Other family members joined a day later and staff accommodated by putting us in adjacent rooms...well done.

The rooms are fresh and modern, as is the rest of the hotel. We had two adults and two children in our room which was accommodated well with the kind bed and pull out sofa bed. The two beds can be separated with a curtain to manage light as needed. There is plenty of counter space and the complimentary juices, coffee and such in the lobby were a nice touch. The breakfast was a bit disappointing but tolerable.

Parking is available across the street for much less $ than valet parking but we did valet as they promised a secure lot. It is pricey though ($23/day + tax).

The Riverwalk is two short blocks down Navarro and the Alamo/Rivercenter Mall is three blocks down Houston street. Very good location.

The room air conditioning fan was very loud which is a bit annoying when watching TV and the pool is, frankly, a joke (it's a large hot tub). The workout room is basic but does include everything you need including free weights. If you are a running, I suggest running the riverwalk in the morning ahead of the crowds, it is great!

Hotel staff was helpful. The cleaning crew missed our room the first day but we were able to get fresh towels after mentioning to the staff.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank RaleighBri
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Not bad. Rooms were extremely clean, pretty retro, and super renovated. The shower had a built-in Neutrogena shampoo/conditioner/body wash dispenser. There's an alarm clock/radio that is loud if you feel like hooking up your aux. cord to your iPod (not so loud that you'll disturb your neighbors, of course). In our room, there was a divider that separates the couch from the bed. That was a neat touch. The kitchen was nice. New appliances. I felt like I was in a studio in a condo. Decent downtown views. Smiling/helpful staff. Close to places to eat and the Riverwalk. Overall, a good stay. No trouble came our way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location just a couple blocks from the Alamo and the Riverwalk. I wish the pool was bigger or at least make it into a giant hot tub by turning up the temperature. Another thing they could improve on is a varety of breakfast options.

Stayed March 2012