“Great for a relaxing lunch”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Ranked #2,356 of 4,786 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Description: Great service! Excellent food.
Description: Great service! Excellent food.
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I go to Osaka frequently with my husband where we just love their fried rice. The Miso soup is the perfect solution for a cold wet windy day (Just a shame that's not a frequent thing in San Antonio) I ate here with a friend and was a little more adventurous in getting one of their bento boxes. I am not a sushi expert or do I even have any clue what I am talking about when it comes to sushi, but I did enjoy what I had. It's not busy so if you want time to sit, chat and hang out without feeling rushed this it.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The sushi is pretty good. The service is weak. Located in a small shopping center, the experience is a little sterile for sushi.
So the surprise was on the upside. The platters with assorted items were reasonably priced. Worth the visit if your in the area.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were craving some teppanyaki and decided to give Osaka a try after reading some reviews. It was great! One of the best teppanyaki shows ever. Our teppanyaki chef was very dynamic and funny. The food was very good and they have a good happy hour too with lots of draft Asian beers to choose from. We would totally go back here. Teppanyaki is a little pricey or we would totally go more often.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We just finished eating here and it was one of the worst meals I have ever had. The food was terrible, dry overcooked steak, rubbery shrimp and mushy vegetables. When I asked the waiter for Yum Yum or White Sauce he told me they didn't have any, I've never been to a Japanese Steak House that doesn't have that sauce. The service was terrible, the waiter didn't know a thing about the menu or about being a waiter in general. We waited well over an hour for our food because the "kitchen was backed up" and he never bothered to refill our water glasses or ask if we wanted another drink. Definitely won't be going back.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Went on a late Friday night and had delicious sushi. Between 4 of us we split 5 rolls and were stuffed! Definitely recommend the southwest roll- it is huge!