“Great Breakfast”

Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 4,644 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Crockett Street
Description: At Ostra we proudly present the finest selection of fresh fish, locally sourced produce and organic product flown in from around the world. Our Chef uniquely imaginative cuisine delights diners as they stroll in from the River Walk to enjoy fine fare and one of our famous margaritas. Ostra features exclusive river front terrace dining, a dramatic stone and glass oyster bar and two private rooms to accommodate any guest request. Here, you can expect quality ingredients, an extensive wine selection, specialty vintage tequilas and the highest levels of service in a relaxed contemporary atmosphere.
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

It was very very pleasant sitting by the side of the River Walk in the shade. Very quiet & peaceful before the crowds emerge. Excellent service.

• Visited July 2014
Ludovic P, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you for the great feedback regarding your recent visit at Ostra. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your breakfast on the patio...definitely a great spot on the River Walk especially early morning . Come back soon for an other great meal!!!

Leesville, LA
“Shame I've past here dozens of times!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Ive been going to the San Antonio Riverwalk for years and have stumbled by this place and never took the time to look as most of these places have mediocre "tourist" food at best! Was I ever wrong!! This place has an extremely diversified menu to please anyone and service of a 5 star restaurant. From the blackened redfish sandwich @ lunch to the dinner special of "porgy", a fish I've never heard of, it was all perfect... 2 times dining with a total of 9 people, we found NO flaws with any dish. Not only will I return, I've begun to "spread the word" by mouth to all my friends! See you guys again when I return... and thanks for the culinary memories.

• Visited July 2014
Ludovic P, General Manager at Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Wow…Thank you for the awesome review and sharing your feedback!!! I am pleased to read that you had a delightful dinner twice at Ostra and look forward to welcoming you back soon! Great Daily Specials like the Porgy Fish and service are key at Ostra!!!
Houston, Texas
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We went on a short trip to San Antonio from Houston to spend some time on the famous River-walk. While we were walking, the deep blue glasses set on white table cloth out on the patio caught my eye and reminded me of my Greek heritage colors, so we decided we had to try this restaurant out.

Nothing fell short of our expectations. Being in the restaurant business ourselves, it was an absolute surprise to find such a great quality of service accompanied by some very delicious dishes and drinks. The Ostra staff is just great from the moment the host greets you, to the warm goodbyes on your way out. Many thanks to Rasvan for entertaining us with stories from Transylvania and we expect him soon as a guest in our restaurant here in Houston.

We strongly recommend Ostra and we are looking forward to our next dinner there.

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for sending along such kind and enthusiastic comments…Razvan is certainly a great asset and pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and service. Come back soon for an other great meal on your next visit to San Antonio!
Ludovic.
“Great Food, but not Family Friendly”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I hate to only give 4 stars to this place, because the food was amazing & the wine selection was superior to most. However, our server was so slow that we contemplated leaving more than once during our visit... And we only had apps & desserts.

I will say that the stress was somewhat self inflicted, due to my 4 children and nanny joining us. We'd all had a late and heavy lunch, so we really just wanted a good bottle of wine & something light while the kids had dinner. However, someone should memo some of the waitstaff here that no matter what restaurant you have, if it's dead center of a huge tourist destination, you must accommodate children with a much higher sense of urgency than adults and at least pretend to enjoy it.

Our server was just slow, despite the restaurant being almost empty. He was friendly enough, but didn't turn on the charm until he realized we were there to spend money, not just mess up a table and have apps. Which is always disappointing, and when I say he turned on the charm, I mean he smiled a few times and spoke a few sentences. It was lackluster at a minimum. I don't even know his name. The host and other servers/food runners seemed much happier to accommodate my family.

The food though. The food was DEFINITELY something to write home about. It was phenomenal!!! The flavors, presentation & the speed at which it arrived were all impressive. We only had 3 apps & desserts, but I left dreaming of when I can return and enjoy a full meal!! Kudos to the kitchen, for sure! Hopefully, by our next vaca the memo on kids will have made it to our server.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, they are important to us. We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations when it comes to the quality of service and will be shared to Management. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon when visiting San Antonio in the future.
Again thank you for your feedback!
South Yorkshire
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ate breakfast and dinner here. Wonderful food and great staff and an absolutely amazing location.
The margaritas are fantastic!

Visited July 2014
Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at Ostra. We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us at breakfast and dinner. Come back soon for an other scrumptious meal and Margarita!