“So good!”

Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa
Reserve with OpenTable
Ostra at Mokara Hotel and Spa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 4,644 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Crockett Street
Description: At Ostra we proudly present the finest selection of fresh fish, locally sourced produce and organic product flown in from around the world. Our Chef uniquely imaginative cuisine delights diners as they stroll in from the River Walk to enjoy fine fare and one of our famous margaritas. Ostra features exclusive river front terrace dining, a dramatic stone and glass oyster bar and two private rooms to accommodate any guest request. Here, you can expect quality ingredients, an extensive wine selection, specialty vintage tequilas and the highest levels of service in a relaxed contemporary atmosphere.
Katy, Texas
“So good!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mokara and dined at Ostra twice - once for breakfast and once for dinner. The service was top-notch. For dinner, I had ceviche which was very good. I also had one of the best mojitos I have ever had! For breakfast the next day, I had a pancake and my husband had migas. We both loved our food. We sat outside on their small patio and enjoyed people watching. I will definitely dine here again if we come back to San Antonio.

Visited September 2013

Redondo Beach, California
“Nice ambience along the river!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate here several times. The steak was fabulous. The rest of the food was good. We had breakfast as well and that was worth eating there.

• Visited September 2013
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
“Don't Try the Rooftop Cafe”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Couldn't believe it. Came in on a Saturday at 5:00pm; was told if I wasn't a guest , I couldn't go to their bar restaraunt on the rooftop. This was from a woman at the front desk. Said closing in 40minutes so only open to guests. Excuse me. We were dressed for dinner thought it would be nice to have a cocktail and app with a view of San Antonio. I have travelled the world and not heard such a lame excuse. They get rave reviews from their guests. I can't understand their attitude.

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“I cannot believe you treat customers like this!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a party of six looking for a dinner place at Riverwalk. We were told by the female Matre'D that we could be seated inside immediately. We waited 15 minutes for the table at the stand outside but then watched as she seated several parties in front of us, who had just rolled in without reservations. We then asked about our table and were told we had to wait another 15 minutes for seating and they were "sorry". I do not know about you but I am tired of hearing "I am sorry" for mismanagement, incompetence and rudeness. After looking at the portions and comparing them to the price, I find that Ostra may have done us favor.

• Visited October 2013
University Park, Florida
“A five-star brunch”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Sunday brunch at Ostra was exceptional and reasonably priced. There was a nice selection of breakfast foods including an omelet station. Pancakes and waffles were made fresh upon request so as not to lay soggy and cold in a chaffing dish. The wait staff was extremely courteous without
being obsequious. The variety and quality of the food and the beautiful setting belied the price -- only $19.95 for one of the best brunches I've ever had. I'm sorry i ate here on my last day in San Antonio; I would have loved to go back for lunch and dinner.

• Visited September 2013