“Great steaks”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Morrison, Tennessee
“Great steaks”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We ate here once. Meant to go back but time did not allow it. The food was outstanding, especially the steaks. The service was quite slow but can only be expected since they were so busy. If you go be sure you get a slice of their cheesecake that was voted best in Texas, and it certainly is. One slice will serve two-three people. Some on TA recommended the fried zucchini but it was too greasy for our taste. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Montana
“Disappointing.”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Okay, where do I start? First, I made reservations for my family and I (riverwalk patio seating) two hours in advance and figured there should be no problems. When we arrived, we were told that only one person had made reservations for the time period that we had, and that it was not us. I told the hostess that was completely unacceptable. She asked who I made the arrangements with (I am not going to call the person out by name, even though I really want to), and I told her. The hostess did not even see fit to vet my claim or double check if I had talked to the person in question who dropped the ball. I am paraphrasing, but the hostess pretty much said if we wanted to be seated at all, then we should just take the available table inside. My wife and I decided that under the circumstances, that was better than nothing. Next, we are seated and it took almost 15 minutes to even be provided menus or have our drink order taken. Next, drinks come back wrong. Not only are the drinks wrong, but it took 20 minutes to get drinks or refills consistently the whole evening. Next, wife asks for a medium well steak and gets a steak that looks like the cow had just been killed and only the horns taken off of it. Blood everywhere. I have just about had it at this point, when the manager personally comes to speak with us and apologize for everything that has gone wrong. Mind you, this manager was the ONLY thing that was redeemable about this experience. He was very attentive and seemed genuinely concerned that we were having a bad time. So the steak finally comes back correct, the drinks come back correct, and we tried the cheesecake with strawberry puree for dessert which shockingly was probably the best we have ever had. I hate to do this for the managers sake because he was a rock star, but he was the only saving grace of the whole restaurant. Everything else about it needed a lot of work especially for a Saltgrass, and especially for a Saltgrass in that location!! I may give them a try again one of these days, but serious adjustments need to be made first. I dont know if we got the junior varsity crew or what happened exactly, but there are numerous restaurants on the riverwalk.. I think I will give some others a try next time.

• Visited April 2014
Viola
“Oh my!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

1st place we ate when e came to the Riverwalk. If you are a prime rib lover, this is the best I have ever had....nuf said. Food was great. Enjoyed sitting and watching the strollers and boats go by.

Visited April 2014
“Delicious steak & side salad”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

The side salad was fresh. The steak was cooked perfectly & was most flavorful. Our waitress was very friendly, & she even split our meals up for us since we were sharing. The atmosphere is pure western. The service was fast even though there was a wait. I highly recommend this.

1 Thank KimSpringer
Unionville, Connecticut
“Great Ribeye”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was expecting a good steak, but I had a great one. The ribeye was cooked medium rare, as I had requested. It was so tender that it was Kobe-esque.

Visited March 2014