“Just plain ole good food”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #46 of 4,692 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 17, 2014

First of all I hope you get Shirley as your waitress. She was soooo wonderful to us. She obviously enjoys her job. The food was wonderful also. My steak was cooked to perfection. The salad was very good also. It was nice to have such wonderful service and food. Shirley, you made our evening very enjoyable and we will come there again on next trip to San Antonio.

There are newer reviews for Saltgrass Steak House

Reviewed January 14, 2014

my favorite restaurant ever! good food & great prices. Everytime I visit Texas... Saltgrass is on my list!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I had one night to check out the River Walk area and I had heard this was a good steak house and have visited one in Dallas, TX area. There was a wait but they took our cell number and paged us when an outside seat was available. They have heaters outside in the winter so it was nice and toasty!

We had a steak special with a shrimp sauce that was really good. The service was very good but we especially enjoyed the view and recommend to others!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We try really hard to avoid touristy restaurants especially in touristy locations. This one did a good job of satisfying that requirement. Part of the seating on the river is elevated which makes it great for people watching. The lower portion is right in the mix of people constantly passing and checking out your meal! Our server Justin was right on and attentive. My wife and I split the sirloin with shrimp and lobster sauce special for lunch. We also split and order of fried mushrooms and wedge salad. All was very good. I had the Patron margarita and my wife at the Rio Grande. Both were tasty but surely measured pours like everywhere else on the Riverwalk. If you want to eat outside this place gives you that option WITH good food.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I know it seems absurd to rave about a salad, but; I am always dieting and eat salads very begrudgingly. This was the best salad I have ever had! My one daughter had the soup and said it was awesome, my other daughter had chicken tenders and she said they were the best she ever had. We all had steaks, all cooked to perfection and all delicious!