“Great place to stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza
Ranked #78 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. The front staff were very nice both days and nights we were there. It is a bit of a walk to the River walk from the hotel so we just drove and parked in downtown San Antonio. Very clean, very quiet and I think a great value for the price. I highly recommend. Also, the breakfast area was good quality.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brian c

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I really liked this hotel. It's clean, efficient, not fancy, and the staff were very nice. The breakfast was generous. I was there for a conference at the conference center, and the location was not ideal because it was a bit of a walk. If you do not have a car, there is no food nearby, so eat before you get back to the hotel. Actually, there is a Denny 's, which is not too bad a walk, but too far a walk for a woman alone after dark in a fairly isolated part of an unfamiliar town. The convenience counter in the lobby was my source of frozen dinners for my stay. The order-in menu -- limited items from restaurants-- was on expensive side for those items and the minimum order was too high for one person who is not super hungry. I was on the third floor and the noise was very loud every night, as if there were a full drumming band right below my window.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here for four nights last week and was very happy with our stay. The hotel is relatively new, and it is very clean. Front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice buffet breakfast included. Only two blocks to Alamo and one block further to Riverwalk, so good location as well. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChefAnnMt_Laurel_NJ
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This is a great downtown location next to the Alamo. The hotel was very nice, quite and clean with nice bedding and helpful staff. We also enjoyed the breakfast. We ordered pizza from the room directory (I guess an outside pizza place has an arrangement with hotel) not worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were only in San Antonio for 2 days but could have stayed there for at least one week. The hotel was very comfortable with excellent staff. Their breakfast was also very good. Both my husband & I have some issues with walking for long periods of time so we found this location perfect for us. We walked to the Alamo as well as to the Riverwalk. There are also buses that pass right next to the hotel. We don't like the fact that we had to pay for $21/day valet parking but knew about it ahead of time so no complaints. They bend over backwards to get your vehicle to you on time and are very professional.

Room Tip: I chose a room on a higher floor because I'd heard that traffic noise had affected them but my s...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barline1
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We arrived at the Alamo and needed a place to stay. The Fairfield Inn is 1 block away. We checked in a got a great room, clean, quiet and spacious. We used the heated pool and spa. Nice towels were supplied. We didn't make it down for breakfast but we did get a late check out. Parking is $21 per day. We would stay here. It's about 3 blocks to the River Walk. Easy walking distance.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is my second review of a Marriott property in this area of San Antonio. My first review was of the Springhill Suites which is located about a block away from this location.

Nice property in San Antonio. Rates are attractive for the area.

Relatively new property that is in good condition.

Room is modern and was clean and fresh.

Service was good for the level of this property.

Location is just fine. I was out at night and did not worry about my safety at all.

This hotel is a very short walk to the Alamo. Also, about a 3 block walk to the Riverwalk.

Hint: Fastest way to get to Riverwalk is throught the Riverwalk mall entrance next to the Mortons Steak House.

A good value. I would recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: A high room helps with traffic noise, get one facing away from freeway.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Travelers also viewed these San Antonio hotels
Avenida Guadalupe
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
East Side
Best Western Premier Historic Travelers Hotel Alamo/Riverwalk

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Downtown/Alamo Plaza? Share your experiences!