Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Alamo Plaza/Convention Center
$169
$65
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$139
ComfortSuites
$160
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$95
$199
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$180
$389
JW Marriott
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkingriver walkfront deskwafflestwo blocksalamo plazaconvention centerwould stay here againfree breakfastwithin walking distanceper dayfresh fruitquiet roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe hotel is cleandowntown areavalet service
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The property was nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful, proactive and seem to genuinely care about your comfort. They had a good Breakfast selection and kept it well stocked. All in all, it is a great property for the price. The only con to this property is the location. It is right next door to a very popular night club, which results in lots of noise throughout the evening till about 2:30 am. I have no problem with the club itself, just the noise it created. And it may be less noisy on a week day. We were there over a Saturday night.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view, this may help reduce the street (club) noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bakeaholic
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Charged my card randomly - will have to wait 3-5 days to return my money! Location is dangerous....hot tub is cold, continental breakfast closed five minutes early while the place was packed and people were still eating. 21.00 for valet is ridiculous. Never cleaned my room, when I pointed it out to the maid she said later because it was lunch time. Worst 4-5 day stay EVER!!! Motel 6 or Econolodge gives you more for your money! Marriott should be ashamed!

Free Internet, AC and comfortable bed is the only perk.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TravelingCouple101
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great location because it's near the Riverwalk, about two blocks from the Alamo but not that close where you can hear the crowd and feel clustered. The breakfast items are great and the rooms have great beds. Fairly new rooms and clean. The location is about 20 mins from the airport

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maylee32
Reviewed October 6, 2012

There isn't a better location near the Alamo and River Walk (within a reasonable price). You can walk everywhere from this hotel (The Alamo is just across the street.). My room was very spacious with a big window for lots of natural light (I like that). There was no frig or microwave; but, there was a coffee pot. There is free wi-fi. There's a good (complimentary) breakfast in the morning. The breakfast area was well-stocked and clean. The staff is welcoming and friendly.

My room was very clean and fresh with a comfortable bed. Everything was perfect.

The one thing is, you have no option but to valet your car (for $21 a day). But, like I said, the Alamo, River Walk, the River Walk Mall tons of shops - everything is within walking distance of this hotel - about a block away, so you won't need your car for those things. This seems like a very safe neighborhood for walking around. (I can't say that FOR SURE, but I didn't have any problems at all - seemed safe to me.)

I also visited some Missions (National Park sites), but they are farther away. So, this location is not near those at all. (Be sure to drive out and see the missions if you are here - don't miss them; they are beautiful.)

A great stay - and I would definitely stay here again when visiting San Antonio. You can't beat location and price.

Some San Antonio advice: Be sure to take one of those River Walk little river cruises. It's a lot of fun and you get some history on the river. It's only $8 and takes about 45 minutes - I was so glad I did it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank tczig
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We arrived at our hotel and were greated by a very nice Marriott staff. The location was just what we wanted. Each morning had nice continental breakfast. Only on drawback was the valet, we came in a large truck and they we were unable to park it, so we had to park in a self park across the street. All was good.. except alot of noise on our Friday and Saturday night due to bar on the corner. But was not disappointed in stay at this Marriott, clean, friendly, helpful. Would stay there again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family