Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Alamo Plaza/Convention Center
$169
  • Breakfast included
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$139
ComfortSuites
$170
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$95
$99
Crockett Hotel(San Antonio)
$143
$111
$199
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$176
Hyatt.com
$389
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsvalet parkingriver walkfront deskwafflestwo blocksalamo plazaconvention centerwould stay here againfree breakfastwithin walking distanceper dayfresh fruitquiet roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulthe hotel is cleandowntown areavalet service
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay. Very close to the highway and the downtown attractions. The room are large, nice and clean. The front desk staff was great. We will definitly stay here everytime we visit.

1  Thank Hrsands
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on short notice Friday night. It's very similar to a Holiday Inn. Rooms were very clean, check inn and out simple, free breakfast, good water pressure and you can't beat the rate. It's no frills but still very good.

1  Thank Rhoan
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My mom husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had a great stay. The front desk staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The wifi is free and so is the breakfast. They had quite a few choices which was nice. The pool was pretty good but had limited sun time. The location is great very close to the Alamo and river walk. I couldn't have asked for a better location and price. The only thing we thought was strange was there was no safe or fridge in the room. The only downside was the steep parking cost 21$ per night. I'm sure we could've parked elsewhere close by for cheaper but I didnt want to risk it with a rental car. Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend it to others.

1  Thank beagle33
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We booked a 4-night stay for my husband's convention. When we got there, there was no one at the front desk to greet us. When I called out, the attendant came, but did not greet us very warmly, like we had interrupted her or something. She asked for our ID and credit card, and then didn't say a word for a while as she searched her computer. I knew something was wrong because she kept shaking her head. I asked if she had our reservation, and she said yes, but there wasn't a room available. We booked a suite, but ended up in a regular room. I would have given a lower rating except they did try to fix things by discounting our room rate $10 the first night, moving us to the Springhill Suites next door for the rest of our stay, and discounting the rate there $10 a night. They also took us to the Springhill for their deluxe hot breakfast, which was better than the Fairfield's continental breakfast. Kudos to Daniel, one of the managers, that personally walked us over to the Springhill, even carrying some of our luggage! He represented the kind of service I was expecting from a Marriott property. More on Daniel in my next review of the Springhill.

Room Tip: If you're arriving late in the evening, I suggest calling ahead so, hopefully, they will save the room you reserved!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Loved that this hotel is in walking distance from the Alamo and Riverwalk. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Staff at front desk asked what your plans were while staying in San Antonio and we mentioned that we were visiting Six Flags and we were given 1/2 off coupons for tickets. Downside is mandatory valet parking for $21 per day but staff are very quick to fetch vehicle when requested and even help loading and unloading vehicle as needed. FREE breakfast is great with cereals, yogurts, fruit, muffins, hot waffles, etc. I gave this hotel an average rating because of the high parking and the really small room that we had which supposedly sleeps 4 but only had a queen size bed with no option to bring in a roll-away bed or sofa-bed. Bed was not very comfy either.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which didn't have an ice machine. Only odd number floors had ice. If you have more than 2 staying in your room be sure to ask for 2 double beds or try to get a room which has a sofa-bed in addition to queen.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family