“Great Food”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013

For good food at a fair price this is a good place to go. For the locals who are looking for something different along the River Walk, this is a good place. I have had the rib platter twice and they were very good.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stopped for a drink and it didn't look like a place I would want to eat at. This place could use a good cleaning and make sure they keep the tables, bar, etc. clean inside and out

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were allowed to choose our own seat. The only tables left outside were high tops, so we chose to eat inside the restaurant. It was very dark in there and my mother was having a very hard time seeing her menu. We ordered our drinks and food and patiently waited. While we waited, we noticed some tables opened up outside. Just as they brought our food, I asked them if we could move outside. They were more than friendly about it, helping us move everything to the outside table right on the walkway. It was lovely. My mother had a chicken stuffed with banger stuffing. It came with peas and mashed potatoes. The portion was way too much for her. I got the fish and chips. Everything tasted fine, but I found a bone in my fish, so I was too afraid to continue eating it. The fries were quite tasty too. Service was amazing and the view was gorgeous, so it was worth it to eat here.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

An Irish pub in San Antonio? On the River Walk? Well, yes. My first experience here was in 2008, when my husband and I went to San Antonio for a romantic getaway. We just happened upon Waxy O'Connor's and were happy we did! The food was good, atmosphere fun, and the wait staff friendly and professional. The prices are a tiny bit high, but they are not high for a touristy area like the River Walk. They are very reasonable compared to other River Walk locations.

On this most recent visit, I sought out Waxy's. My friend and I were on a girls' trip, and she had not been to Waxy O'Connor's before. She is Irish, so I knew I had to take her. We went two times during the three nights we stayed near the River Walk. The spinach and cheese dip is delicious!! HIghly recommend :)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Ended up here after a long night on the Riverwalk. The Guinness was ice cold and just perfect. Their bar menu was exactly that, and we got chicken strips and potato skins. Not impressed at all with either.