“The bed was better and more comfortable than my bed at home.”

Pinn Road Inn & Suites
Ranked #97 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“The bed was better and more comfortable than my bed at home.”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed from Wed thru Sunday and found it to be a excellent place. We had 3 rooms and everyone was very well pleased with the service, comfort and how clean the place was. Every morning the OWNER would be out sweeping the parking lot!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wanted to find a nice, affordable place within close proximity of Lackland to stay for my son's graduation. Not disappointed in the least. Neighborhood was a bit seedy, but the grounds were secure, room was immaculate and the hotel staff was top notch, very accommodating and conscientious. Don't imagine i'll ever be making a trip back to San Antonio again, but would recommend Pinn Road Inn & Suites to anyone visiting in the Lackland AFB area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim H
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2014

In a nutshell: nice staff, bad neighborhood, the smell of cigarette in my non-smoking room just killed me! Uneven floors are kind of dangerous. Next time I'll spend a couple more bucks and choose a better place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Conoseur1
Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was just my three year old and I for my husbands graduation from air force basic and I was nervous about doing it all alone. I was contemplating whether it'd be more worth it to stay in the city but decided to save the money and go with somewhere with such consistently good reviews. I am really happy with my decision. I have to say, I was a little worried about the rooms, I thought the pics were... well, ugly. I didn't love the paint colors but I get it. The rooms are nice and comfy, the bathroom was great. Everything was super clean! I felt like they must have treated their cleaning staff very well, and that their cleaning staff were so great as to really take their time in thorough cleaning and going above and beyond (the ornate towel folding was really neat- I was trying to figure out how to do it!). The owners were really nice. Haha, yes thier dog is really cute too! I agree that its not in the best area. When I walked with my daughter to the shop next door a man remarked outside "your daughters beautiful" before climbing into his van, had he not said this in an odd spiteful way, I would have thought it was nice. No, no I thought it was pretty scary and creepy. Honestly though, I didn't see any "nice" area around Lackland. It seemed like everyone who stayed here was nice, the owner of that store was nice, and the owners of the inn lived there- I felt really safe, and maybe safer than if I had stayed in a nicer area. The convenience cant be beat. All of us, our airman, and our daughter were completely exhausted. We went and did the river walk for a little but were so tired we went back to sleep. The events were very early and I am really glad to have been so close to lackland AFB.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt M
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am a pretty thrifty traveler. I have pretty low expectation when staying at lodging in my preferred price range. This Inn sits on an unassuming side street. It appears clean but a little older. The reception by the owner was much more than I expected. When I opened my door, I about fell over. The room was very nicely appointed. A full size refrigerator, full size stove, nice bathroom and comfortable bed. The maid service was quite literally unbelievable. My room was cleaned everyday. One day I was going to put off doing the dishes until I returned from my meetings. The dishes were clean and dried.

Don't get me wrong. This isn't the Hilton. However if you want a room in the $45 range, this beats anything you will find up to $80 or so per night. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank John S
Norway
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Hard to write this review. Others have already expressed my opinion: clean, large rooms, friendly service, not in the best neighborhood. It was a little far from the down town area but the price more than compensated for this.
I especially liked being greeted by the owner's dog every morning. It made one feel at home

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank raela
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Small nice hotel. Close to areas we wanted to visit. Clean. And as soon as we got there we were greeted by our last name (I guess we were the only ones left to check in), but since we did, all the time we were there we were treated very nicely. Manager wanted to make sure we had a pleasant stay and WE DID!!! We will definitely come back

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple