“Great for BMT Graduation Weekend - CLEAN”

Pinn Road Inn & Suites
Ranked #95 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Newark, New York, United States
“Great for BMT Graduation Weekend - CLEAN”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were originally going to stay in lodging on base, but we found this little gem for a few more dollars (per night). Our room included a kitchenette, and the money we saved eating there probably paid for a night's accommodation. Fixtures were dated but functional. Maybe the cleanest motel room I've ever been in. The insides of the microwave and oven looked like they had never been used. Great mattress; I had to pull up the sheet to see who made it. Staff was courteous and helpful, giving us a small map of the base and written directions to stores and restaurant. Convenience store next door. Less than a mile from Luke East Gate. Denny's, McD's, Subway, and Walgreens nearby.

Negatives: Supposedly not a great area, but there is a fence around the parking lot and there are security cameras as well. We never felt the least bit threatened, even walking in the area. Also, the water temperature could change rather quickly while you're in the shower, but I've run into that in places twice the price. Lastly, no pool - but if you're here for BMT Graduation, you probably won't have time for that anyway.

Room Tip: It's worth a little extra to get a suite with a kitchen if you're there for more than a coup...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Dickinson, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We visited San Antonio the weekend of October 26-27 for a family anniversary celebration. We decided to stay at this hotel because it was close to the venue where the party was being held. To our surprise it was within walking distance! The front desk staff were very warm and friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. There was even a cute little elephant towel animal seated near the sink, nice touch! The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows and the room was furnished with everything we needed to make our stay worry-free and comfortable. I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Mebane, NC
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here Oct 9-13 while in San Antonio for our son's BMT graduation. I booked the room totally based on reviews I read from other military familes as well as the close proximity to Lackland AFB. We could not have picked any better! Great stay with a nice, clean room, friendly owners/staff and within 5 minutes from Lackland. There's also lots of restaurants and a WalMart not too far away. The only downside, (if there is one), is that there's no pool. We didn't miss it, as the whole weekend was about seeing our son!! I had also read in other reviews about the 'bad area' it was located in, but I rode all around San Antonio and all the areas are basically the same. We didn't have any problems and felt perfectly safe. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. They provided us with the BMT graduation ceremony schedules, maps of the base, and suggested places to go eat. No matter what time of day we returned to our room, it was all clean and waiting for us. Nice touch with the swans made out of the towels too!! I am happy with the choice I made in staying here and if I'm ever in the Lackland AFB area again, I will not hesitate to book this hotel once again.

Room Tip: Book a room with 2 beds as opposed to the king sized bed; you will have a larger sitting area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann W
Omaha, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were in San Antonio for the weekend of Oct 4-6 but our stay at Pinn Road Inn& Suites was from Wed, Oct 2 thru Mon Oct 7. I have to say, from the other reviews I was hesitant to book here, but the excitement over seeing my son far outweighed any reservations I may have had. I'm really glad they did. This was by far the CLEANEST hotel I have ever stayed at, and that is including $400/night 5-star hotels. The bed was so comfy I didn't even miss my sleep number, and the staff makes you feel like family. It was LITERALLY 3 min from Lackland, and there are plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within 5 miles. The area made me nervous for about 3 minutes. It was an older, industrial area of town, but for the week we were there, there were no problems at all. I even felt safe enough to walk outside the hotel gate after dark to the mom and pop store that is located directly in front of the hotel. We were in a non-smoking room, which was a little bit of a pain since we are smokers, but even going out on the balcony to smoke wasn't a problem, and it was kind of neat, since the big AF planes taking off and landing at Lackland fly LOW over the area, and it was fun to watch them. I would DEFINATELY recommend this hotel to ANY families going to San Antonio for BMT graduation. They have suites with full kitchens, so if you moms want your kiddos to have a home-cooked meal like I did, that was a HUGE plus!!!! Also, you will not waste ANY time driving to or from the base.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank April A
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Not in a clean safe neighborhood. Room smelled. Floors aren't level. Chair in room smelled of dry cleaning solution. Lights were out in bathroom. Had to ask several times for coffee in room when it should have been restocked. Same with toilet tissue. Upon checking out, card was ran twice and hassled with front desk saying my card was declined. Because I didn't have $1200 balance for you to charge me twice. Showed her my bank processing the FIRST charge but I still had to wait to see what was wrong. Should have bit the money bullet and stayed at a chain. Sorry guys. Not impressed.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank AFparent
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Location was 5min from Lackland AFB where my boyfriend was graduating from BMT. It was also right off the highway and less than 10min from Walmart and many other stores and restaurants. I had a King suite and was beyond pleased with the full kitchen, as my bf and I love to cook together. The room was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and I felt safe in the area. The big flat screen tv mounted on the wall was great and I was not bothered by noise from other guests. The staff, Patrick and Pete, were beyond friendly and accommodating. They have a wealth of knowledge of things to do, as well as the ins and outs of BMT graduation. To say I got my money's worth would be an understatement. I would DEFINITELY stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Alaina T
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2013

While looking for a place to live in San Antonio, my boyfriend and I stayed here for a couple of nights. While it is not a 5 star resort, it definitely deserves a 5 star rating. It had the essential amenities (fridge, microwave,ironing board, etc) and the staff is very courteous and told us places we could go and even check out to live. We were given a list of the local wal mart, etc. The room was small, but the bed was big and comfortable and the room and bathroom were extremely clean! Do not be fooled by the location of the place. At first it seems a bit sketchy, but everyone we ran into was very polite and I never felt unsafe. The best thing about this place is its cheap price! I would stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing I would recommend to make it better would be more pillows on the bed. I love lots of them and there were only 3 :).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank LittleOneX3
pinnroadinn74, Manager at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2015
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here. and we have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank your for your wonderful review.