“Little gem!”

Pinn Road Inn & Suites
Ranked #96 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Little gem!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We are here on a holiday from the UK, used to the usual Super 8 type motels. Saw this place on Tripadvisor, so decided to stay, for economy and reviews. OK, so the area is a little run down, but this place is making such an effort it deserves all our best wishes! And even if run down, the area has no feel of any untoward behaviour, anyway.
Our room is freshly renovated, and there was even the touch of complimentary chocolates, as well as an elephant towel sculpture in the shower room. Huge bed to mountaineer up onto, and the flat screen TV is a bonus too.
The buildings are being resprayed at present, and the sidewalk nearby rebuilt, but dont let that put you off!
The owners have also been very helpful with local directions and facilities as well, they are more than willing to make the stay a positive one, we are very content here.
There are plenty of food outlets nearby too.

6 Thank KevinandDi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bemidji, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We used the Pinn Road Inn as a base for exploring San Antonio, Texas. It was convenient to US 90 which is a major artery, yet far enough from the highway to be very quiet. We stayed in a suite with full kitchen while our son and his wife had a queen room. We found the rooms to be clean and the beds were comfortable. The managers were helpful and friendly. We'd be happy to return if we are in San Antonio again.

Room Tip: The kitchen is great if you want to have some meals in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RM-MN
Paradise, California
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Pinn Road may not be for everybody, but it fit our needs very nicely. We were in San Antonio for our daughters Air Force graduation from Wed-Sun. Yes, the neighborhood is older, but looks are deceiving. The neighborhood is quiet, quiet, quiet. This motel is affordable and the rooms are very clean. The beds are wonderfully comfortable. We had the suite with the full kitchen, although I didn't use it as much I had planned. It was nice to have the extra room, though. My sister had a double and that was also very clean and surprisingly big. The owner's do everything they can to accommodate you. They are friendly and concerned with your comfort. Most of our "neighbor's" at the motel were in for graduation and seemed to be happy with their choice also. We also made a special request which was granted happily. It was overall a very friendly and welcoming place to spend a few days and if we are ever in the area again, we will stay at Pinn Rd. I highly recommend Pinn Road Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen S
pinnroadinn74, Manager at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2015
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here. and we have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank your for your wonderful review.
Houston
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We just spent a nice long weekend in San Antonio made even more enjoyable as we were able to bring along our two Yorkies thanks to the hospitality of the Pinn Road Inn & Suites. We had a room with a king double, and our friend had a suite with a full kitchen. Both were clean with all of the fundamental amenities met. We had a nice little coffee maker that made a fresh cup of coffee on demand, hair dryer.

The owners were very accomodating - giving us extra towels, bottles of water each day etc..

The hotel is currently undergoing a facelift. They are stuccoing the outer walls of all of the buildings.. It should like nice once completed.

All in all a good value that worked well for our particular needs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
pinnroadinn74, Owner at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank your for you wonderful review. We are glad you had enjoyed your stay here with us and we enojyed your company as well. Again thank you for your wonderful review.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Traveling alone with our fourth grader this trip and trying to be wise with our money so found the Pinn Road Motel here on TripAdvisor. This is why I love this site/app -- most of us would never think to stop at a place like this. Yet reading the reviews you get the idea that we just need to check our snobby notions at the gate. I had the same feelings of oh no what did I get us into that most people reported. But having stayed three days and two nights there I can honestly say we loved our stay. As it was just my daughter and me this trip I wanted it to be as safe as possible. The black iron fencing and even the razor loops on a side fence (put up by an adjacent business owner, not the motel from what I understand) only served to make me feel more secure. It is in an older part of town but I was pleasantly surprised to see almost no neighbors loitering around the streets during the day or night. It really is safe. The beds good grief they were comfortable. I slept better here than I did at higher end hotels that brag about their mattresses. The owner/manager Patrick was so welcoming and kind. He made sure the room was to our liking and reminded us several times that he's just a phone call away, 24 hours a day if we needed anything. The only drawback is the lack of a pool but even that is understandable. They were fixing up the outside when we arrived and I can imagine they have more improvements in mind. Maybe one day that might include a pool --one can dream! :) Lots of military folks there for base goings on. Lots of grandparents. So wonderfully quiet! We were sad to leave and can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank DellaDidDisney
Thank you for your amazing review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and i also have enjoyed your company as well. Our housekeep would like to thank you and your daughter for the wonderful note she has written her during your stay we will display it in our up coming breakfast area. Again thank your amazing review. - Patrick
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Came at 2 oclock and room want ready, so a little diaappointed but when i ce back and see the room, it is big, look like it has just been renovated. Excellent room. Full kitchen utensil. Room is clean. Has flat tv with cable.
Mostly possitive.

Only things was bad is hot water intermittent, hot then warm then cold then hot again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank gamemastery4k
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here and we have enjoyed your company as well. I also would like to apologize about the hot and cold water. Again thank you for your review.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am guessing that some people on seeing the general area where this hotel is located may be a bit apprehensive. However, I had no problems whatsoever. The room I stayed in was a double-queen with a kitchen and was clean. It had s full size stove and refrigerator and all utensils. There was cable TV on a wall mounted flat screen and a DVD player.
If you want fast food, KFC & McDonalds are close by. A Dennys is right acroos from the KFC. There is a Walmart 10 minutes drive away.
I get the impression that most of the people who stay there are attending functions at the air force base but I was in town visiting a relative. The staff were great and were always available. I came back at 3am one morning and my key wouldn’t let me in the room. A member of staff came right out and resolved the issue quickly and with the minimum of fuss. I have stayed at other hotels where this has not been the case. This is a great place to stay if you are on a budget. It may not be the most modern of places but I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank JorJas
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here. I hope you had a great time here in the city of the river walk visiting your family. We also have enojyed your company as well. Again thank you for you review.