“Lackland AFB visit”

Ranked #96 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Chico, California
“Lackland AFB visit”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went to visit my boyfriend for his Air Force graduation. When I first booked this room, I wasn't expecting much because of the price, however, it was better than what I had hoped for. The COMFORTABLE Queen sized beds made me feel like a KING and the full kitchen was super convenient--- we went out to buy groceries so we wouldn't have to spend too much on food. I loved the staff there, -they were so friendly! The best part of the room is that it was SO spacious, CLEAN and was cleaned every day. Upon arrival, they gave us directions to the nearby supermarkets and the AFB (which was a five minute drive away). The only down side to this amazing Inn is the location-- its not in the best looking area of town. Everything else was great.
I would book my stay here, again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank chico_ax
pinnroadinn74, Owner at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for you wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here During your boyfriends BMT We also have enjoyed your company as well. Again thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Chula Vista, California, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Loved having a full sized kitchen, we SAVED SO much by not having to eat out our whole trip! Queen size sure was ample room for 4 of us to share! The staff was ALWAYS friendly, available and extremly helpful! EASY to get to and from Lackland AFB. Downsides: No pool, location in terms of part of city, but secure!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Beth R
We like to thank you for you review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here during your BMT. We also enjoyed your company as well and Congratulations. Again thank you for you review.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family came here just from a night away from home and to relax and I was pretty impressed not only by the price but the customer service is amazing the lady who works here is so nice! But the room was so impressive. The room was clean and the bed was just amazing. It's a great secret since its in kinda of a shady(or what looks like a shady) area but its not its a very quiet area. It's completely safe and extremely comfortable. I would definitely come here again and refer this motel to everyone.

Again the beds are amazing!!!! My daughter, my boyfriend and I slept the best we slept in a long time!!!!!! :D

Room Tip: The 2 queens are great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for you review. We are glad you had a wonderful time here. We also enjoyed your company as well. Again Thank you for you review.
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were very, very pleased with this hotel!! Both men at the desk were very helpful and kind. They even gave us a packet of information for graduation weekend (our son graduated USAF BMT)...with a list of directions to stores, restaurants, etc. Our room was VERY spacious...we got a King suite. It had a full kitchen, with utensils, bowls, plates and mugs, which we utilized every day for breakfast. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room had a pull out full size bed which was also very comfortable. Each day the room was cleaned with TONS of fresh linens! Upon leaving, the office even let us go in and check in for our flight and print off our boarding passes. This location is about 2 miles from Lackland AFB....very easy to get to if you are staying there for graduation. Overall....VERY pleased!!! If you are looking for something affordable and close to base, then this is the place for you. Also, the area was very quiet. It isn't the Hilton, but we loved it there :)

Room Tip: I would recommend the suites....very spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kkmurdock
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. we also have enjoyed your company as well. congratulations to you and your son. Again Thank you for you review.
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We checked in after booking through an online hotel service. We thought everything was great the first night. Room was large (one bedroom suite) and service was good. We returned back the following day and my teen complained about itching. There were multiple bites all over her arm and abdomen. I'd seen news reports, so had my spouse check the beds. There were bedbugs on the pillows and mattress. I called the office to come look. The younger guy apologized and offered to move us into two king rooms with no charge for the night. Then, the older guy got involved and tried to act like WE had contaminated the room! I was VERY upset! How would we transfer bedbugs of varying size throughout different parts of the room after being here for 20 hours??? He told us to just find another hotel and suggested a few. I explained that I'm not going to move bedbugs to another hotel, pack up my kids at 10 pm or try to find a hotel that late. I said we'd stay a night to wash all of our belongings and leave in the morning. Now, I'm exhausted already, but he's adamant that we should just leave. Suddenly, he only has two staff rooms left that have full size beds. So, 2 adults and 4 kids (including a 7 months old) are stuck in two nasty rooms with little beds for the night. Also, I get an email from the online booking site that we were reported as a no show and charged for the night. Seriously?!? This is ridiculous! I was very excited about staying. This has ruined our graduation experience. Pulling an all nighter to get laundry done and have to search all over town for another hotel in the morning. I DON'T recommend this hotel for anyone. I would've been ok with "I'm sorry. How may we correct this?" It's just ridiculous

• Stayed December 2012
6 Thank Indplsmom76
pinnroadinn74, Owner at Pinn Road Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I would like to apologize for the inconvenient we have caused you during your stay. I had offer you two of my last king rooms to correct the problem since you have a family of 2 adults and 4 kids and a 7 month child and you had declined that offer and said I would like to think about it and then 5 hour later you decided to stay. We were looking for another hotel for you to stay at since you didn’t want to take our king rooms because they were in two different buildings since you were a family of 7. I had also mentioned that we will comp you rooms for those nights as well too we have not made any charges to you. So we have tried to accommodating you and looked for a hotel for your family to correct the problem and i did apologized to you and have comp you stay. Again I would like to apologize for the inconvenient we have caused you during your stay.
Singapore
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel because of the positive reviews here. We booked the room direct and got a good discount for the 2 bedroom family suite.

First impression
As we were driving through the neighbourhood to get to the motel, my husband was giving me a "what have you done" look. The area looked dodgy but later we realised that it was just quiet.

Check in was easy, Patrick (?) helpfully gave us a print out of directions to some places of interest nearby.

The room
We booked the family suite for 4A2C. 1 bedroom (a bit small), and 3 queen beds. Full kitchen so we could save a few $$ on meals. There was a welcome card and a box of chocolates waiting for us in the room, nice personal touch.

The place, while old, was well maintained. It's not luxe, but remember that you're not paying premium prices. The beds were plush and comfy but a little higher than what we're used to. Basic amneties and plenty of soft towels. Large closet with lots of hangers (at least in ours!). One bathroom, which was a little inconvenient for so many people.

No views to speak of, but the small bedroom overlooked a wooded area (a neighbour's overgrown backyard, probably) and my children and dad enjoyed spotting squirrels running about.

Free wifi as well, and $1.50 for the laundry and dryer each.

What's nearby
There is a convenience store right next to the motel and some mexican eateries within walking distance. More restaurants a short drive away.

In a nutshell
Pinn Road motel is a great budget hotel and the family suite makes it an economical choice for vacationing families.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here with us and we have also enjoyed your company as well. Again Thank you and for your wonderful review.
Medway, Ohio
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was more than a little nervous about staying here when I went to San Antonio for my son's BMT graduation based on several reviews here saying it was in a bad neighborhood. The moment I arrived, my nerves were gone; the neighborhood isn't a bad one, merely an older one.

For folks used to the Marriott and living in planned communities, no, this place probably wouldn't appeal to you; but it should.

The beds and bedding are high quality. The bathrooms are well stocked with tons of fluffy (really fluffy) towels, the rooms are sizable, the pillows so comfortable.

Also given graduation weekend is four days long, which translates to 16 meals for three people, we saved a fortune by cooking in the small kitchen in most of the rooms. Also, in the back part of the inn, the owners have placed a picnic table and grill for cooking out and some of the families availed themselves of this setup.

We had a two-bed room but this inn has rooms with three beds, too, for larger families.

The rates are incredibly reasonable and the owners accommodating and friendly. You can tell, they genuinely love what they do and they pass that on to their guests.

I talked to several families the weekend I was there and some of them were staying there for the second and third time, coming in for graduations. This is an inn that's much loved by guests and I have to admit, I almost wish I had another child graduating from BMT so I could go back.

One thing I discovered, on a particularly rushed morning, is the main gate for Lackland is (literally) four minutes from the inn if there's no traffic, ten minutes with lights and traffic.

On our way home from San Antonio, my son's girlfriend and I had to stop for the night and we agreed our room was small after a long weekend in Pinn Road Inn.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MojaveRattler
Thank you for your amazing review. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay with us we have enjoyed your company during this weekend. Congratulations to you and your son BMT Graduation. i personally like to thank you for writing a article about our hotel on your travel magazine. Again Thank you for your wonderful review and your article.