“Much Improved Mimi's”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a complimentary meal on Oct 7 at the San Antonio Mimi's to celebrate their new menu and management staff. What a change! Excellent food, waiter was top drawer and the service was as good as it gets. They are really trying hard and had good changes to the menu. I had the steak tournados (sp?) and they were really good.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our waitress, Kara, was absolutely wonderful and was very patient with us as we tried to figure out what to eat here. You can't leave here hungry ... impossible! They even gave us some muffins as we were first time to the restaurant.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I took our two daughters to Mimi's while we were shopping during the day. It looks great from the outside but when you walk in the door, it goes downhill. It is dark, the carpet on the floor (really carpet on the floor of an eating place? yuck) is soiled and smelly. I don't see how restaurants have carpet on the floor and think they can keep it free of stains and smelling good. The decor everywhere and furnishings were dated and simply just "tired." I really wanted to leave but I felt bad about telling the hostess that so I decided to stay. There was also mold around the air vents which really did me in. The only thing good about Mimi's Cafe was our amazing waiter. He was very kind and responsive. I think people really like "clean" places to eat. When you walk in the door, you need to sense "fresh".

Reviewed July 29, 2013

My grown son took me and my husband here for my Birthday dinner. I have not been to this Mimi's before but I have been to Mimi's Cafe in California. This was the same as I remember from the other Mimi's I have been to.

I found the atmosphere to be pleasant and they were playing soft jazz which I think is soothing. The food was not the best I have ever had but it was very good. I would rate the prices as average.

We will eat here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've always enjoyed going here for brunch, lunch and dinner. I love the theme of the place, French with New Orleans style thrown into the mix. The food is delicious and the service is great! My only complaint is that the menu keeps changing. It had been a while since I've come to eat here, but they used to have a lunch menu of the favorite dishes but in smaller portions (basically, the portion you are supposed to eat) and they don't have that anymore. Plus, they used to sell this great meatloaf plate and they don't offer that either. Otherwise this is a nice place.