“It was the house of pain”
Review of Texas De Brazil

Texas De Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas De Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 4,911 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Houston St. & Navarro St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed August 8, 2014

It was a pig out on a traditional Brazilian style restaurant. I did not find anything that tasted bad, it was all good. Service was excellent and did not need to ask for water, tea or a clean plate.

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary dinner here and it was fabulous! From start to finish everything was great. Exceptional service and good quality food. They also offered us either a free dessert or champagne to celebrate our special occasion. We've gone to another brazilian steakhouse downtown but Texas De Brazil definitely beats it at all points. Its perfect location near hotels, the river walk, and across the street from the majestic theather.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My boyfriend and I tried Texas De Brazil a couple of years ago and have been back a few more times since. You're greeted by the Friendly Staff at the Desk! We made reservations so we were seated Promptly. The place is dimly lit with a Huge Beautiful Salad Bar at the front! So much to choose from! Salad fixings, to slices of meats and cheeses, soups and a variety of breads. I try not to eat too much from the Salad Bar so I can have room for the Delicious meats they offer!

The Meats are seasoned very nicely. I like to get the Prime Rib and the Beef Steak. Delicious! They also give you some Fried Bananas to eat in between your meats. They are Fried with Brown Sugar and Butter. They are Delicious. I can have those for Dessert too! They are that good! At the back of the Restaurant they have a trapeze artist that swings and pulls out bottles of wine for their customers. It's very Entertaining! The Wait Staff is very attentive.

We always leave Satisfied when we eat at Texas De Brazil. It's our Favorite Brazilian Steak House in town!

1  Thank Lydia H
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Texas de Brazil is an impressively maintained and well-run restaurant. This is one of the few places that manages to make high-end cuisine and food culture accessible to all. You can come in here from a trip to the Riverwalk or from one of the shows downtown and be equally at home (although you'll probably need to make a reservation if you want to get in quickly).

The diversity of food options is really just stunning; even though the meat is wonderful, part of me wants to just fill up on the salad/sides bar, because just that alone would be one of the best meals I've ever had. The beef is typically best at a medium-rare, but medium is still great as well. In addition, if you can be seated toward the back of the main room, the wine wall is an experience unlike anything I've ever seen - food meets performance art.

Now, for me, the price is definitely inhibitive ($45/adult), but then again, for the amount and quality of food that they put out, not at all unwarranted. However, I'd still say this is the type of place that I would save for a special occasion. Amazing space, amazing food, but an equally amazing pricetag.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went here because the Riverwalk was swamped on Saturday night and it was just a block away. We ordered the salad bar only because it was late and we didn't want heavy food. It was great. They had shrimp and smoked salmon on the salad bar along with a variety of both hot and cold dishes. I know that most people go for the meat dishes, but this is one of the best salad bars I have ever encountered anywhere. Another thing, you could go there with a vegetarian and they would have a great meal. I especially enjoyed the salmon, fresh mozzarella and the roasted garlic with olives and olive oil. There are too many items to mention individually but it was great. Service is excellent. Go and enjoy.

Been to Texas De Brazil? Share your experiences!