“Carnivore's Paradise!”
Review of Texas De Brazil

Texas De Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas De Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Houston St. & Navarro St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is no ordinary steakhouse. It’s a dining experience like no other. Here, traditions of Brazilian cooking blend with Texas hospitality to create a lively atmosphere in an upscale setting. Your meal begins with a visit to our extravagant salad area where you can indulge in a wide array of seasonal roasted vegetables, fresh artisan breads, charcuterie, imported cheeses and other specialties. Then enjoy the rodizio-style dining that has made us famous. An endless parade of gaucho servers visits your table with skewers of freshly grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage carved directly onto your plate. It’s all served with authentic side dishes of garlic mashed potatoes, Brazilian cheese bread and sweet fried bananas. To complement your meal, select from our award-winning collection of wines or traditional Brazilian bar creations. And don’t forget to treat yourself to one of our decadent à la carte desserts.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Grilled Meat Beyond-Belief, if you control the urge to wipe-out the "SALAD BAR"! Absolute Decadence!

Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Thursday night dinner while in town for a couple of days. Buy one get one half off wine special was a good deal. We had the Portillo Malbec and it was a great compliment to dinner. Salad bar is amazing - I spent most of my time there with a couple of meat selections to finish out dinner. I stuck to my favorites that were EXPERTLY prepared and professionally served. Carvers were gracious and friendly making certain our selections were to our liking. John, our server, was attentive without hovering and also offered suggestions on wine. Management also stopped by, inquired as to our satisfaction and seemed genuinely happy we were there. I am a repeat customer both at Texas de Brazil and at this location in particular. This kind of service is why we continue to return.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a choice of Fogo de Chao or Texas de Brazil. I wanted to see and taste the difference. Texas de Brazil offers a similar amazing salad bar which I always try to avoid since I am here for meats. The service was topped notched as well. Everyone is very attentive and my requests for certain cuts were satisfied promptly. The leg of lamb, chops , beef ribs and top sirloin were delicious! However, Texas does not offer Beef Ancho. How can my favorite part of the cow not be available? And the bacon wrapped fillet mignon was a disappointment for both of my sisters.... Fogo is a couple of blocks away and better than Texas de Brazil.

Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner on a Saturday night. Made reservations on Open Table, but not sure if they were needed as the restaraunt never filled to capacity.

Salads were pretty good, meats were decent,drinks pretty good. Not a good as Chama Gaucha in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, we didn't go hungry, but this place is a little more expensive than Chama and not quite as good, to me at least.

Also, the restaraunt was warm, almost uncomfortably so. We were towards the very back by the awkward swinging lady.

Overall decent dinner, not sure we'll be back though.

Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

You may feel rushed by the quick paced environment and workers moving quickly to serve. They treat you well but you may feel rushed to get out!

The food was delicious, too much to actually enjoy! The differentiations amongst the names of the meat is unclear so you may not taste the one you enjoyed again unless you can recall it's name.

Been to Texas De Brazil? Share your experiences!