“Disapppointing”
Review of Texas De Brazil

Texas De Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas De Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 4,625 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Houston St. & Navarro St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Orlando, Florida
“Disapppointing”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was no 'Fogo de Chao'. The beef was very good, the pork and chicken was nearly inedible.

I sent a letter to the 'executive chef' and am awaiting his reply. I hope to try it again if they can tell me the problems are fixed.

Visited August 2013

“Boggled why this restaurant has such good reviews”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

If you like expensive cafeteria food this is the place. The only redeeming quality is the filet mignon but most of the other meat isn't anything special. The salad bar is the worst and has the flavor of having been out for a few days. The atmosphere is loud and yelling across the table is the norm. The deserts taste like Costco fare and I'm shocked this place rates so high in SA. We have such better establishments I'm surprised people take time to go here. The best part is the helpful wait staff that is both attentive and kind. However this isn't enough to keep me coming back.

• Visited August 2013
San Jose
“Good Food and Ambience!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The entire ambience of the restaurant seemed to have a welcoming spirit and we were immediately made to feel cozy and comfortable. Wonderful food I must say, so far one of my best restaurants! Texas de Brazil made our family vacation in San Antonio greatly memorable. We are great foodies and had ordered for a variety of food, and each and every item was neatly served. The soft chicken wrapped in bacon was superb, it was too delicious! Great service guys!

• Visited March 2013
Banning, California
“MEAT!!!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Meat lovers…you cannot afford to miss this place! Yes, the salad bar is very unique, gourmet, delicious, and easy to get lost in, and the 2 story wine wall with it’s trapeze artist spinning artfully from top to bottom is something to see…but the meat is what this place is all about! While the chicken & lamb was a bit dry, the sausage and the beef; top sirloin, filet mignon, prime rib, flank steak, ribs…hot, cooked to perfection, and melt-in-your-mouth tender and flavorful… We had reservations at 6:30 on a Saturday, but ended up arriving 30 minutes early and still were seated right away, no wait. Service was excellent; our server (Holly) was exceptional, explaining how things worked and was always there to answer questions and keep our drinks and plates full and flowing. No place can satisfy the carnivore in you like Texas de Brazil! And for the food and service. the price is actually quite reasonable. I WILL visit again, as well as watching for their other locations while traveling.

• Visited August 2013
Melbourne
“Great service, good meat but over seasoned”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Last time here i visited Fogo de Chao. This time I decided to try Texas de Brazil just to see what it was like as it has great reviews.

The service was brilliant and couldn't be faulted. The restaurant was lovely. Definitely 5 star but being a tourist and having done touristy things all day we were not dressed up but we didn't feel underdressed or out of place. They made us feel comfortable.

The salad bar was really good. I think it would satisfy most vegetarians.

The meat was great. The cuts were great quality. They also had more variety than Fogo. However, I felt the meat was a bit too over seasoned and detracted from the meat. This is my only criticism of the restaurant.

The passionfruit margarita I had was to die for. The other person I was dining with had the banana cream pie dessert and said it was amazing.

I would go back to Fogo next time just because I didn't like the over seasoning of the meat at Brazil, but if you like strong seasoning then this place is for you.

Visited August 2013