“Incredible and Worth the Money”
Review of Texas De Brazil

Texas De Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
Texas De Brazil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 4,645 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Houston St. & Navarro St.
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Incredible and Worth the Money”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is certainly one of the best meals that I have ever had. The restaurant is conveniently located in downtown San Antonio (near the River Walk). It is stunningly beautiful inside. We were fortunate and were seated immediately. One of the things I noticed was that while some people were dressed up, there were also plenty of people in jeans with cowboy boots. This is an upscale, but not snobby restaurant.

The staff is incredibly well trained. Since it was for me, the first time in the restaurant, he explained how the meal was served. You basically, enjoy the unusual array of salads, soup, and bread, buffet style. This is not the typical restaurant salad-bar. It was gourmet and delicious. Go light on the portions, because the show-case is the main course.

A troupe of carvers than go from table to table offering you a selection of various meats and chicken which they carve to your specification (i.e., rare, medium, etc). They only come and make their offering when the small medallion you have next to your plate is turned to the green side. When it is turned to the red side, they do not disturb you.

This is a pricey restaurant. However, they offer a generous military discount. The desserts run the bill up quickly, but they are also incredibly good. This is certainly something I would do again.

• Visited June 2013

“I've been to Fogo de Chao, this was better.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The wife and I went here for our anniversary. They seated us at our reservation time which was very nice. It was my wife's first time at a Brazilian steak house and the server did an excellent job explaining to her how it works. I see people complain about how some of the food is cooked/salty/doneness... it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Also, they will cook things to your liking by request (no salt, well done, etc) My wife love the salad bar, couscous, rice, cheese filled buns (she's a carb-o-holic) but also though the leg of lamb was the best meat she has ever eaten.
I made sure to sample EVERY meat they had on the menu, which called for a keen eye to flip the card to green when a new one came by. I too liked the leg of lamb, but my favorite by far was the Piranha. It was the most tender piece of steak I have ever eaten. Kobe, Wagyu, have nothing on this. The pork ribs were tasty. I didn't care too much for the pork loin or the Parmesan pork or chicken. I had to ask our server to have the beef ribs brought out as that we the last thing I hadn't tried and they were great too.
We were stuffed when the server came around for desert, we declined, however since she knew were celebrating our anniversary she said could give us anything for free and would even just pack it up to go. We got the carrot cake and ate it the next day. Delicious as well.
I almost forgot to mention the acrobatics display on the wine wall... my wife was utterly memorized. Dinner and a show! To put a cherry on top, they have a military discount which places Texas de Brazil cheaper than the others in San Antonio.

2 Thank Rocky5001
Texas
“Ok”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good service, clean, decent ambiance, food was fair but not great. Bring a big appetite and lots of cash.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“First time experience but well worth it”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The food was wonderful. It was our first time ever experiencing this type of food and hospitality. My kids and husband were in heaven. The salad bar was my favorite, since I am not a meat eater and would prefer greens over meat almost any day of the week. The price is expensive but well worth it. My 5 year old ate for only 5 dollars. My 9 year old was 1/2 off. My husband and I were full price, which was around 42 dollars each. The brazilian picanto (pardon the spelling) is to die for...The lobster bisque was amazing. The cheese bread they brought out was delicious. We sat and ate. Take it easy..don't over do it as soon as you get there, which is very possible. You would regret that part. The service was awesome. I cannot wait to visit again. we weren't dressed up, though many patrons were in little black dress attire. We didn't feel out of place at all.

• Visited May 2013
“Pricey but worth a try!!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stunning design, delicious meat, great buffet and service! Very interesting eating experience: you start with buffet and then your server will bring you mashed potatoes and fried bananas. The meat will be delivered by 5-6 gauchos so you can chose from 14 different cuts of beef, pork, lamb, chicken and Brazilian sausage.
The only downside is that you cannot find price of the meal on their website ($49/person).
Valet parking is $10.
So, come prepared to pay over $100 for a dinner for 2.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Texas De Brazil? Share your experiences!