“The pastries are worth it , the food is not”
Review of The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

The Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Tuleta
Transit: Bus Stop in both directions to and from downtown, within easy walking distance.
FL
“The pastries are worth it , the food is not”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was the second time we ate here and we were disappointed yet again. Our pizzas had barely any toppings, the crust was far too thick and the serice extremely slow. We were the only 2 people in the restaurant and yet we waited for close to 40 minutes for our pizzas. My "personal pizza" was 4 slices and mostly crust. When we aksed for 'to go " boxes we were told there is a charge for this. Seriously?! We had spent a fair amount of money there and in principle, I believe it is tacky to charge for to go boxes. Will I eat there again-NO. Will I buy their pastries- Probably.
I am not impressed at all!

2 Thank JYPA

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent GLUTEN FREE Cake”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I had the mango chicken salad. It was very delicious, just know that you will get shredded chicken and not a chicken breast. Not that it makes a difference, I was just a little surprised.

My husband had the lamb bloke sandwich and he said it was very good as well.

However what shines is the beautiful and delicious gluten and dairy free cakes. They are made with Coconut frosting and it is amazing! I wanted to try everyone, but limited myself to two kinds. The Chocolate Pecan was my favorite (but that could be because I a chocoholic!)

I hope I can go back one day! Wish every town (especially Dallas) had such a wonderful Gluten Free Bakery!

1 Thank caralg
Westlake, Ohio
“It's ALL gluten free!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Traveling with my wife who is gluten and dairy intolerant has its challenges when trying to find places to eat. We visited San Antonio recently and had the great fortune to find the Little Aussie Bakery & Cafe. They made our stay in San Antonio a whole lot nicer - we just wish they were open for dinner! The entire restaurant is gluten free (no cross contamination issues here) and they have many dairy free choices. The food is simple but delicious. We had slices of pot pie and loved it. The next time I had a sandwich which was every bit as good. My wife had a piece of chocolate cake for the first time in ages and really, really loved it!

The service was friendly and prompt. The decor was simple and clean. We left San Antonio regretting that we can't seem to find any place like this out east.

Spring, Texas
“BEST GLUTEN FREE MEAL EVER!”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I cannot say enough how wonderful this café and bakery is. They have awesome pot pies, cakes, breads, etc. I'm also dairy free and most things are dairy free as well. My husband, who doesn't have gluten or dairy issues, said this was the best meal he had the whole time we were in San Antonio. It's so good, I plan to take another road trip with a cooler in order to bring more home with me! The staff was extremely helpful and there was a line at 2:30 if that tells you anything. A MUST for any gluten or dairy sensitive person! LOVE THIS PLACE!!

• Visited March 2014
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Homemade gluten free and dairy free”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

It's a casual place in an old house and the food is fantastic! Lots of reviews said it was expensive I was a little worried about that but the plates are all around $10. For a fresh homemade comfort food that doesn't seem like that much to pay. Plus it's all gluten free so I don't even have to think about whether it's safe or not? I would pay nearly anything for that priviledge so I really don't understand what the complaints about the price are. I was able to have a totally GF DF meal without worrying and I even got dessert!! Lemon spongecake is TO DIE FOR. Love love love this place!!

• Visited February 2014