“A little pricey for lunch”

Stonewerks Big Rock Grille at the Rim
Reserve with OpenTable
Stonewerks Big Rock Grille at the Rim is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #359 of 4,644 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: IH10 & 1604
Description: Open for lunch, dinner, and late night. Great food and fun.
San Antonio, Texas
“A little pricey for lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Started with chips and salsa very good. Wife had the Fish and chips. A little too much batter and on the greasy side. I had the trout, somewhat fishy. The salads were excellent. Will likely return and try a flat bread pizza. Table next to us had two and they looked very good.
Service was excellent, and the place is very nice. Total bill with tip and one glass of house wine was $65.00

• Visited January 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“A great place to become a regular...”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Great place to hangout and watch sports in addition to enjoying happy hour. They have a live band usually on Thursday's and possibly on the weekends too. It can get pretty loud inside, but I really enjoy their variety of flatbreads, oysters on a half shell and shrimp. Their mini burgers are tasty too. If you go after work get there early like 4:30 to get good seating otherwise you will be standing. They also have another location off 1604 & Blanco which offers the same pleasures and service.

• Visited January 2013
“Pleasant Birthday Experience”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I decided to take my wife here for my birthday, I received a $15 gift certificate as I signed up for their email list. The venue is very nice, wood and stone, quite Texas. Really relaxing. They have a good draft beer list, although I was a little disappointed they no longer carry Maredsous which is an outstanding Belgian Ale. No matter, I had a Paulener Heffeweizen and a Brooklyn Lager, both of which are great beers.
We weren't all that hungry, so we ordered two appetizers, the Buffalo Wings and the Kobe Sliders. I grew up near Buffalo, so I made sure to ask for a sample of the Buffalo sauce before ordering, as many places serve glorified fried chicken and call it a Buffalo Wing. Stonewerks are authentic, very good and they have the proper Blue Cheese dressing. The Kobe Sliders were also nice.
Service was very good. Attentive, but not annoying. We had a great time and look forward to returning again sometime.

• Visited December 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Food Great. Adult Hang Out.”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

When they first opened we would visit often. Our boys loved to watch sports with dad on the big screen. The food was amazing. Quickly, however, it became a gathering place (even mid-week) for singles to hang out and drink. The skirts some gals wear are higher than our children and grandchildren's eye levels. We had to stop going, sadly.

Visited December 2011
Thank Rosemarie Carte... M
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“overrated”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The food is terrible. I ordered the Crispy Calimari and it was too salty and very soggy. Stonewerk’s is too loud and overrated, it’s not worth going back.

Visited August 2012