“Bad fish and poor customer service”
Review of High Velocity

High Velocity
Reserve with OpenTable
High Velocity is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 4,642 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Our famous San Antonio sports bar, High Velocity, puts you right in the action with a 120-foot long media display and monitors galore. Choose from a deep roster of craft beers and other beverages, plus an outstanding lineup of great food.
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad fish and poor customer service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Unlike a lot of Marriotts customers, we live locally, as a matter of fact only blocks from the Resort. As a result , since moving to San Antonio, we normally dine at Hgh Velocity about once a month. We obviously have had some good experiences or we would not return. These good experiences turned into one of the most horrible dining experiences we have ever had with ANY restaaurant, yes even the chain !

I ordered the Red Snapper which we were told was among the most popular. When I got the fish, it was warm, but not really hot. As I took my first bite, it was actually "mushy". I suppose the best way to describe it would be like wet bread. Thinking that it may have just been the edle of the filet, i took a bite from the middle and it was the same. I had my wife taste it, without saying a word to her, she likewise rejected it . I should point out that I was raised on the Texas coast and have eaten Red Snapper my whole life and I have Never tasted anything even close to this ! I've had fish from Luby's and Red Lobster that were significantly better than this ! ( and didn't cost $20 ) !

Needless to say, we sent the fish back, and got something else which arrived after my wife had finished her meal.

In terms of Customer Service, I was quite set back by several things. First of all I must say that with this being a first class resort, I think it is reasonable to assume, at least average Customer Service. While the waitress was polite and offered us something else, we never heard from anyone else at all... ( the chef or manager). Let me emphasize that under no circumstances did we desire any sort of "freeby". Even in chain restaurants, like Red Lobster, I have seen chefs and/or manaagement proactively involved in any Customer issue. We heard nothin.

It goes on ! The very next day, I called the Restaurant Manager, who was not available, left a message and I am pleased that he did return my phone call that same day. When explaining the whole situation and expressing to him, that it was possibly " bad fish", he assured me that he was going to investigate the entire incindent and confirmed it was not handled properly at all. He assured me that I would in turn hear back from him and he would inform me of the results of his investigation. Well, it has now been 3 weeks, and I never heard from him !

I told my wife that while we may go back to the Marriott for the ambiance , drinks etc,. that I would never eat there nor entertain our out of town guests there. I understand that when preparing hundreds of meals somethin could go wrong. LIke in most business, it's how you respond to a problem that makes the difference ! In this case,,, NO RESPONSE !

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Rick W

San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Best Sports Bar”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great drinks, great bar food and awesome rolling screen to watch sports on. Even crowded you could easily see and hear the game.

Visited July 2012
Lake Grove, New York, United States
“Love this place”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My second visit. I was here on a business trip last year and I thought it would be a nice place to bring my wife and kids. I was right. Rather than going to Florida for the break from school we came to Texas. I'm glad we did. The service and property are fantastic. We may come back for Easter break.

baltimore,md
“perfect sports bar”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

High Velocity had it all - good food and drinks and all sports all the time. Parked ourselves for Sunday afternoon football and had a great time

• Visited January 2013
Richmond, Texas
“Screen was massive!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Had to drag the hubster out of here! lol Great bar food, clean, excellent place to watch a game! Drink were on point!

Visited March 2012