“Steak, crab cakes, bloody mary's and apple pie”
Review of 18 Oaks

18 Oaks
Reserve with OpenTable
18 Oaks is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 4,882 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Located at the TPC San Antonio Clubhouse as part of JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa, 18 Oaks is traditional-style steakhouse serving steaks seared to order, fresh seafood and poultry dishes, epic sides and an excellent variety of wine. Our restaurant in San Antonio, Texas also offers Sunday Brunch.
Reviewed March 19, 2014

AMAZING! My husband and I dined here for dinner with our 3 year old daughter. We were hesitant to bring her along but I'm glad we did. They had a kids menu which was a nice touch. I also noticed families with children were grouped in one area of the restaurant - I appreciated this on many levels.

We started with a bloody mary which was the biggest and best either of us have ever had. It's served in a mason jar and for me it seems like you are getting two bloody mary's in one because they are so large. I'm not a beef eater but my husband had the rib eye and enjoyed it. I had the crab cakes which were the best I've ever had. We shared two sides and finished with the HUGE apple pie that is worth the calories.

It is very expensive but the food is good and when you couple it with the fact that you don't have to leave the property makes it a win win. We will be back.

1  Thank Melissa B

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Our party of 7 (2 couples, 2 teenagers and a child) dined at 18 Oaks twice during our stay at the JW, both times for lunch. We received impeccable service from Oscar and Casey and really enjoyed both meals. The menu has a great selection of salads and sandwiches, and the daily specials are great too!

1  Thank ilove3c
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a great Sunday brunch at 18 Oaks. The restaurant is in a building separate from the hotel that also houses the pro shop with a great view of the course. The thing I liked best was they take orders for eggs, omelets and waffles which are made in the kitchen saving one from having to loiter around an omelet station waiting one's turn. My lobster omelet, with spinach and mascarpone was wonderful. On the buffet they had all the usual offerings, prime rib, shrimp and crab legs, pastries, Nueske bacon (my favorite), sausage, fresh fruit, etc. They also had a very tasty roast beef hash and some delicious fried quail. There was a nice selection of desserts. Service was impeccable, Ellie and Chris took excellent care of us making sure our mimosa glasses were always full. A jazz trio provided good background music. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank 4gentexn
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We opted to eat at the bar with open seating at 7:30 pm because the first available reservation was 8:30 pm. Service was prompt and courteous, but we waited so long for the appetizer, the waitress apologized and comped us. Then, the wait for our entrees began. We waited. And, we waited some more. And, some more. When we complained at 9 pm, we were admonished that "everybody was waiting, because they were behind." Like, who did we think we were to expect reasonable service when nobody else was getting it either. The filets that were then delivered were OK, but not worth the wait or the $40 price. Our meal was comped. We left $20 for the waitress (don't punish waitstaff for incompetent management). If you're staying at the resort and have to eat at this restaurant, bring a snack to tide you over.

3  Thank Ed S
gnsfam, Manager at 18 Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our 18 Oaks restaurant. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the Resort and 18 Oaks for the long wait times you encountered last night, 2/12/14. This is not the experience that we deliver on a regular basis. I personally met today with the Executive Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Director of Restaurants, 18 Oaks Manager, and 18 Oaks Chef, to determine what caused the service failure last night. We are committed to learning from our mistakes and ensuring that they are not duplicated.
Our Director of Restaurants has reached out to you here at the Resort, to hopefully see you and personally apologize before you leave to return home.
Once again please accept my apologies. I hope the rest of your visit to San Antonio was most enjoyable.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great service and great food. Daily fresh menu focused on the freshest ingredients. Had a great steak, even though it was cooked well below the requested temperature. Very pricey, but the quality matched the cost.

1  Thank txbride